All the Ferris Bueller references of late....

I love ya bro, but let's be real. Captain John Harriman was a beta cuck who had to rely on alpha male, Captain James T. Kirk to come out of retirement and save the day.

Read "The Captain's Daughter" and "Serpents Among the Ruins". They take Harriman past that awkward first meeting. He was fighting several things: overdomineering Admiral dad pulling strings to get John the Enterprise when the latter knew he wasn't ready yet; outfitting delays interfering with the slated launch date, which Starfleet didn't want to budge on, but he didn't want to take his ship out until everything was onboard and installed; and how many of us stutter and stammer and look like idiots in front of our heroes when we meet them?

Read "The Captain's Daughter" and "Serpents Among the Ruins". They take Harriman past that awkward first meeting. He was fighting several things: overdomineering Admiral dad pulling strings to get John the Enterprise when the latter knew he wasn't ready yet; outfitting delays interfering with the slated launch date, which Starfleet didn't want to budge on, but he didn't want to take his ship out until everything was onboard and installed; and how many of us stutter and stammer and look like idiots in front of our heroes when we meet them?

Thanks, I'll check them out:thumbsup

It sure looked like Alan Ruck to me stood outside his house in the middle of that Ferris Beuller bit in spiderman.

Its not on IMdb though.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off is on EPIX right now and I'm enjoying every minute of it. Such a classic.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back