Luck or the will of the Force?

properRocket

So this story is a little crazy.
My place of work is in a business park shared by several other businesses. We have one entrance with a sharp turn for all the trucks to get in and out. Well the trash guy manages to spill an entire large dumpster load of trash right in this entrance, effectively cutting of all the, well, everything for the day. So me and a couple of guys reluctantly grab shovels and go out to help clean this disaster up. My co-workers were moving a bit slower than me (in a vain hope that I would clean the whole thing up before they got there) so I arrive at the scene first. What I find, right on top of the pile, still attached to a twisted-up telescope stand is this:

001.JPG

002.JPG

A 1942 M19 scope!!
(at this point in the story I may have clutched it to my chest and danced around like Gollum shouting "MINE,MINE,MINE", but my memory fails me)

The extended rear optics are a little strange, never seen this variant before. And for some reason, the light port on the side has been cut down...but, hey, free scope right?
Now I just have to decide what to do with it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back