Pepakura help

Ninjamal

I want to start off by saying how happy I am to now be part of this amazing community, and I can't wait to see what's in store! I'm currently working on a cosplay of Lucio from overwatch, and started playing around with his 3D model via Pepakura. I started making templates and have one more thing to do before printing, which is scaling. However, I'm very confused on how the process is done with a full body model. Is there any way that I can apply my measurements to each part of the leg armor separately, so they all don't have the same measurements? And would this require me to have the full version of Pepakura? Any help is appreciated! :)

Pep.png

Hi Ninjamal,

full version Pepakura Designer is only needed to save your changes and you pay a one time $35 for a keycode.
In theory,you give the figure your height in the scale section,but I would definitely check the measurements just to make sure before you start to work with expensive foam.
If the dimensions turn out to be extreme and/or unpractical and you happen to have the 3D model,I would open it in a 3D program and separate all limbs,so you can open everything separately in pepakura.
If you don't have the 3D model file and only the pepakura file,then I would unfold and save each limb separately to scale it to match your body parts.
Good luck

Thank you for sharing the link:thumbsup
Okay,so since you only have the .pdo file,scale it to your body height and see how all the body parts measure.If the height scale doesn't work well,then I would scale everything separately.

Well this is what I got when I put my full height to (First image, 6"2 in mm) it. I also measured from my hip to my knees for the upper leg piece and put in those as well (Second image, 14 inches in mm), but they came out really small. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Pep2.pngpep3.png

Last edited:
Not necessarily.As I recently have found out (I was already warned about this), complete models that originate from video games are not always realistically shaped.I have completed a chest that turned out two inches too wide at the shoulders and 80mm too short in depth at the waist...and I did scale it to match my height.
So here you would either have to make small changes as you use your height for reference,or scale each piece separately.You'll have to find out which solution fits your needs most

Is there anyway i can get you to send me the template that you made? I tried using pepakura and unfolding but it gave me a whole bunch of weird looking shapes. I have no clue how to use the app honestly. Thanks for the help in advance!

I am aware. It doesn't help that the 3D model has over 600 pieces. When i needed only the leg pieces. Its my first build and it was considerably harder than i thought to navigate the app on a mac. So that's why I wanted to see if i could get some help from someone who had already done it, before i decided to free hand the pieces and waste foam.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back