Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122
Subscribe
  1. eethan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2017
    From
    Brussels
    Messages
    304
    2 Weeks Ago  Nov 27, 2017, 3:24 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #526

  2. RPF Premium Member Soulinertia's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    Colorado
    Messages
    4,137
    2 Weeks Ago  Nov 27, 2017, 4:57 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #527

    Hall86 said: View Post
    I have literally just received mine through the door whilst reading this.

    Although I'm incredibly disappointed, as they've mistakenly sent me the blue one and now I can't find the black one anywhere online

    Any leads as to where you got yours @Soulinertia ?
    I got mine off ebay. I just checked and it looks like the seller only has red and blue left.
  3. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Messages
    9
    2 Weeks Ago  Nov 28, 2017, 4:36 AM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #528

    There is a lesson here... If you ever make a film and use found items as props, buy every other available piece of said prop before releasing the film. Then when the movie hits theaters, slowly trickle the items back on the market. The risk of spending an extra few thousand dollars on cigarette boxes and sweaters should be neglectable on the budget. Man, I should be in the production business ;-)

    Only downside I can think of, is making the right call on what might be popular props... That being said, anyone interested in 1.000 vests just like the one Meg Ryan wears in You've got mail?
  4. RPF Premium Member
    Member Since
    Dec 2015
    From
    Fenland Norfolk
    Messages
    340
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 1:50 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #529

    hi all
    I don't now if you've seen this, (apologies if you have) but its a close match to one of the bottles. I think there may be a pear one which matches the props sticker more closely. I cant speak Hungarian (I think that's what it is). Anyone out there know better than me, come back good buddy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spiritus.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	691.3 KB 
ID:	777987
  5. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    Messages
    19
    1 Week Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 10:02 AM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #530

    Flyscriber said: View Post
    hi all
    I don't now if you've seen this, (apologies if you have) but its a close match to one of the bottles. I think there may be a pear one which matches the props sticker more closely. I cant speak Hungarian (I think that's what it is). Anyone out there know better than me, come back good buddy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spiritus.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	691.3 KB 
ID:	777987
    Spiritus Primus "07" Korte Palinka. A type of Pear brandy. This is one of the bottles. It appears to be difficult to get. I've contacted the manufacturer and await their response on shipping outside Hungary.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07a.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	778283

    Likewise.

    Arpad Palinka

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arpad-premium-lepotica-plum-palinka.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	778284

    Also used in the movie.
  6. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2009
    From
    Terra Australis
    Messages
    1,937
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 2:56 AM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #531

    Any ideas on the area around the badge?

    Are they little holes around the inside edge of the clear plastic or is it a neck chain? The four holes in each corner of the badge surround make me wonder.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K-ID - Copy.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	778755
  7. Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Messages
    55
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 3:34 AM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #532

    Mr Webber said: View Post
    Any ideas on the area around the badge?

    Are they little holes around the inside edge of the clear plastic or is it a neck chain? The four holes in each corner of the badge surround make me wonder.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K-ID - Copy.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	778755
    If you look at the pictures from the art book and the SDCC display
    https://www.therpf.com/showthread.ph...=1#post4329159
    there is a clear plastic (PVC, most probably) wrapped around the outside of the wallet that continues over the inside, covering the ID and badge. The little holes are where it's been stitched onto the 3 edges of the leather surrounding the badge (it's not stitched along the outer edge - the same is true on the ID side). What you are seeing as larger holes in the corners are just where the stitching ends and the light is reflecting off the sharp curves in the shiny PVC. There's also really heavy stitching holding the inner and outer layers of the leather together.
    Last edited by buzby; 5 Days Ago at 3:40 AM.
  8. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2009
    From
    Terra Australis
    Messages
    1,937
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 3:50 AM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #533

    buzby said: View Post
    If you look at the pictures from the art book and the SDCC display
    https://www.therpf.com/showthread.ph...=1#post4329159
    there is a clear plastic (PVC, most probably) wrapped around the outside of the wallet that continues over the inside, covering the ID and badge. The little holes are where it's been stitched onto the 3 edges of the leather surrounding the badge (it's not stitched along the outer edge - the same is true on the ID side). What you are seeing as larger holes in the corners are just where the stitching ends and the light is reflecting off the sharp curves in the shiny PVC. There's also really heavy stitching holding the inner and outer layers of the leather together.
    That makes sense, cheers.
    Working on a less elaborate replica, can use a small nail and tap the stitching holes around the edge.
  9. wakeuptimetodie's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2017
    Messages
    53
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 4:09 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #534

    white43 said: View Post

    Arpad Palinka

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arpad-premium-lepotica-plum-palinka.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	778284

    Also used in the movie.
    NICE! I loved the simplicity of this bottle. Going to have to try to track down a bottle or two now
  10. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    Messages
    19
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 5:42 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #535

    wakeuptimetodie said: View Post
    NICE! I loved the simplicity of this bottle. Going to have to try to track down a bottle or two now
    I'm doing a run of 30 of these. Got an arrangement with the manufacturer for the bottles and will be doing the design on the bottles from the film. If interested, I've got a thread going at Propsummit and also here, look for 'Officer K's spirit bottle'
  11. wakeuptimetodie's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2017
    Messages
    53
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 6:11 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #536

    white43 said: View Post
    I'm doing a run of 30 of these. Got an arrangement with the manufacturer for the bottles and will be doing the design on the bottles from the film. If interested, I've got a thread going at Propsummit and also here, look for 'Officer K's spirit bottle'
    thanks for the thought - id' be interested depending greatly on the cost - arpad palinka is only a $15ish dollar bottle of booze and doing a screen accurate sticker would be pretty simple as well.
  12. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    Messages
    19
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 6:26 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #537

    wakeuptimetodie said: View Post
    thanks for the thought - id' be interested depending greatly on the cost - arpad palinka is only a $15ish dollar bottle of booze and doing a screen accurate sticker would be pretty simple as well.
    Can you easily get it imported to the states then? From Hungary?
  13. wakeuptimetodie's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2017
    Messages
    53
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 7:01 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #538

    white43 said: View Post
    Can you easily get it imported to the states then? From Hungary?
    Yes, I have bartender friends of friends there. Shouldn't be that difficult to get an empty bottle. Alternately there are plenty of importers that bring in (full) bottles for about $50.
  14. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    Messages
    19
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 7:06 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #539

    wakeuptimetodie said: View Post
    Yes, I have bartender friends of friends there. Shouldn't be that difficult.
    Lucky you. Not so easy for the rest of us.
  15. Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Messages
    196
    3 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 7:10 AM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #540

    Hello,
    does someone have extra vials to sell and ship to France : I'm trying to make my Med kit but such vials are hard to find around here.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zylocaine vials.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	779180Thanks
  16. RPF Premium Member Soulinertia's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    Colorado
    Messages
    4,137
    3 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 11:34 AM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #541

    repy said: View Post
    Hello,
    does someone have extra vials to sell and ship to France : I'm trying to make my Med kit but such vials are hard to find around here.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zylocaine vials.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	779180Thanks
    Yeah, I got some. Send me a PM
  17. Member Since
    Nov 2017
    Messages
    2
    2 Days Ago  Dec 10, 2017, 6:38 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #542

    Anybody know anything about the horse ashtray Officer K rotates in the orphanage?
  18. RPF Premium Member Birdie's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2002
    From
    Wirral, UK
    Messages
    3,238
    2 Days Ago  Dec 10, 2017, 7:14 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #543

    McVoight said: View Post
    Anybody know anything about the horse ashtray Officer K rotates in the orphanage?
    I've scoured Ebay a couple of times, and while there are ashtrays with a similar design, this one seems elusive

    Given the tin and the bottles and maybe even the book and holster , I have a feeling the set dressers scoured local stores, markets and junkshops for stuff like this. There seems to be some sort of badge on it that might give a clue in high-res, but I think it's gonna be another tough one. So far, stuff from the original movie is easier to find than this one...
  19. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Messages
    9
    1 Day Ago  Dec 11, 2017, 8:43 AM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #544

    wakeuptimetodie said: View Post
    NICE! I loved the simplicity of this bottle. Going to have to try to track down a bottle or two now
    The company site (ttps://shop.arpadpalinka.hu) ships worldwide. And they'll probably welcome the opportunity to sell a few extra bottles.

    Palinka is a general name for distilled fruit spirits. I'm not sure what they use in the movie. If you want to go for accuracy, you should get the fruit right. The picture provided above says (Barsony) Birs, which is quince.
  20. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Messages
    9
    1 Day Ago  Dec 11, 2017, 8:58 AM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #545

    Also, this happened:
    Like many of you, I made an attempt at the field phone, so I bought the wrong version for to much money (So not the German six channel version). as a result I had to drill extra hole, build a butterfly knob, recreate all the labels et cetera. (Thanks @buzby & @Candykiller for the provided details). And it came along quite nice.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171202_114114.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	3.89 MB 
ID:	779525

    Then I meet this guy. Says: "Hey, I have a few of those just lying around... but not quite the same..." The correct German version as it turns out. So now I obviously have to start again...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171202_114147.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	4.85 MB 
ID:	779526

    On the plus side, it did turn out I was pretty close on the actual labels.

    That being said. I now have a spare. It doesn't have the belt on the back, but other than that it's in pretty good nick. So if someone is interested, let me know.

Similar Threads

  1. Blade Runner 2049
    alienscollection.com, Entertainment and Movie Talk
    Replies: 1063
    Last Post: Oct 28, 2017, 3:35 AM
  2. Replies: 503
    Last Post: Oct 11, 2017, 10:50 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jul 8, 2017, 1:24 PM
  4. Blade Runner 2049 - Deckard Shirt
    Punchbuggyblues, Replica Costumes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 23, 2016, 10:01 AM