Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122
Subscribe
    From
    Brussels
    2 Weeks Ago  Nov 27, 2017, 3:24 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #526

2. RPF Premium Member Soulinertia's Avatar
    From
    Colorado
    2 Weeks Ago  Nov 27, 2017, 4:57 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #527

Hall86 said: View Post
    I have literally just received mine through the door whilst reading this.

Although I'm incredibly disappointed, as they've mistakenly sent me the blue one and now I can't find the black one anywhere online

Any leads as to where you got yours @Soulinertia ?
    I got mine off ebay. I just checked and it looks like the seller only has red and blue left.
  3. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    2 Weeks Ago  Nov 28, 2017, 4:36 AM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #528

There is a lesson here... If you ever make a film and use found items as props, buy every other available piece of said prop before releasing the film. Then when the movie hits theaters, slowly trickle the items back on the market. The risk of spending an extra few thousand dollars on cigarette boxes and sweaters should be neglectable on the budget. Man, I should be in the production business ;-)

Only downside I can think of, is making the right call on what might be popular props... That being said, anyone interested in 1.000 vests just like the one Meg Ryan wears in You've got mail?
  4. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Fenland Norfolk
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 1:50 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #529

hi all
    I don't now if you've seen this, (apologies if you have) but its a close match to one of the bottles. I think there may be a pear one which matches the props sticker more closely. I cant speak Hungarian (I think that's what it is). Anyone out there know better than me, come back good buddy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spiritus.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	691.3 KB 
ID:	777987
  5. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    1 Week Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 10:02 AM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #530

Flyscriber said: View Post
    hi all
    I don't now if you've seen this, (apologies if you have) but its a close match to one of the bottles. I think there may be a pear one which matches the props sticker more closely. I cant speak Hungarian (I think that's what it is). Anyone out there know better than me, come back good buddy.

Name:	spiritus.jpg 
Size:	691.3 KB 
ID:	777987
    Spiritus Primus "07" Korte Palinka. A type of Pear brandy. This is one of the bottles. It appears to be difficult to get. I've contacted the manufacturer and await their response on shipping outside Hungary.

Name:	07a.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	778283

Likewise.

Arpad Palinka

Name:	arpad-premium-lepotica-plum-palinka.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	778284

Also used in the movie.
  6. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    From
    Terra Australis
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 2:56 AM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #531

Any ideas on the area around the badge?

Are they little holes around the inside edge of the clear plastic or is it a neck chain? The four holes in each corner of the badge surround make me wonder.

Name:	K-ID - Copy.jpg 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	778755
  7. Member Since
    Jul 2012
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 3:34 AM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #532

Mr Webber said: View Post
    Any ideas on the area around the badge?

Are they little holes around the inside edge of the clear plastic or is it a neck chain? The four holes in each corner of the badge surround make me wonder.

Name:	K-ID - Copy.jpg 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	778755
    If you look at the pictures from the art book and the SDCC display
    https://www.therpf.com/showthread.ph...=1#post4329159
    there is a clear plastic (PVC, most probably) wrapped around the outside of the wallet that continues over the inside, covering the ID and badge. The little holes are where it's been stitched onto the 3 edges of the leather surrounding the badge (it's not stitched along the outer edge - the same is true on the ID side). What you are seeing as larger holes in the corners are just where the stitching ends and the light is reflecting off the sharp curves in the shiny PVC. There's also really heavy stitching holding the inner and outer layers of the leather together.
    Last edited by buzby; 5 Days Ago at 3:40 AM.
  8. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    From
    Terra Australis
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 3:50 AM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #533

buzby said: View Post
    If you look at the pictures from the art book and the SDCC display
    https://www.therpf.com/showthread.ph...=1#post4329159
    there is a clear plastic (PVC, most probably) wrapped around the outside of the wallet that continues over the inside, covering the ID and badge. The little holes are where it's been stitched onto the 3 edges of the leather surrounding the badge (it's not stitched along the outer edge - the same is true on the ID side). What you are seeing as larger holes in the corners are just where the stitching ends and the light is reflecting off the sharp curves in the shiny PVC. There's also really heavy stitching holding the inner and outer layers of the leather together.
    That makes sense, cheers.
    Working on a less elaborate replica, can use a small nail and tap the stitching holes around the edge.
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 4:09 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #534

white43 said: View Post

Arpad Palinka

Name:	arpad-premium-lepotica-plum-palinka.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	778284

Also used in the movie.
    NICE! I loved the simplicity of this bottle. Going to have to try to track down a bottle or two now
  10. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 5:42 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #535

wakeuptimetodie said: View Post
    NICE! I loved the simplicity of this bottle. Going to have to try to track down a bottle or two now
    I'm doing a run of 30 of these. Got an arrangement with the manufacturer for the bottles and will be doing the design on the bottles from the film. If interested, I've got a thread going at Propsummit and also here, look for 'Officer K's spirit bottle'
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 6:11 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #536

I'm doing a run of 30 of these. Got an arrangement with the manufacturer for the bottles and will be doing the design on the bottles from the film. If interested, I've got a thread going at Propsummit and also here, look for 'Officer K's spirit bottle'
    thanks for the thought - id' be interested depending greatly on the cost - arpad palinka is only a $15ish dollar bottle of booze and doing a screen accurate sticker would be pretty simple as well.
  12. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 6:26 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #537

thanks for the thought - id' be interested depending greatly on the cost - arpad palinka is only a $15ish dollar bottle of booze and doing a screen accurate sticker would be pretty simple as well.
    Can you easily get it imported to the states then? From Hungary?
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 7:01 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #538

Can you easily get it imported to the states then? From Hungary?
    Yes, I have bartender friends of friends there. Shouldn't be that difficult to get an empty bottle. Alternately there are plenty of importers that bring in (full) bottles for about $50.
  14. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 7:06 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #539

Yes, I have bartender friends of friends there. Shouldn't be that difficult.
    Lucky you. Not so easy for the rest of us.
  15. Member Since
    Dec 2010
    3 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 7:10 AM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #540

Hello,
    does someone have extra vials to sell and ship to France : I'm trying to make my Med kit but such vials are hard to find around here.....

Name:	zylocaine vials.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	779180Thanks
  16. RPF Premium Member Soulinertia's Avatar
    From
    Colorado
    3 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 11:34 AM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #541

repy said: View Post
    Hello,
    does someone have extra vials to sell and ship to France : I'm trying to make my Med kit but such vials are hard to find around here.....

Name:	zylocaine vials.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	779180Thanks
    Yeah, I got some. Send me a PM
  17. Member Since
    Nov 2017
    2 Days Ago  Dec 10, 2017, 6:38 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #542

Anybody know anything about the horse ashtray Officer K rotates in the orphanage?
    From
    Wirral, UK
    2 Days Ago  Dec 10, 2017, 7:14 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #543

McVoight said: View Post
    Anybody know anything about the horse ashtray Officer K rotates in the orphanage?
    I've scoured Ebay a couple of times, and while there are ashtrays with a similar design, this one seems elusive

Given the tin and the bottles and maybe even the book and holster , I have a feeling the set dressers scoured local stores, markets and junkshops for stuff like this. There seems to be some sort of badge on it that might give a clue in high-res, but I think it's gonna be another tough one. So far, stuff from the original movie is easier to find than this one...
  19. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    1 Day Ago  Dec 11, 2017, 8:43 AM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #544

The company site (ttps://shop.arpadpalinka.hu) ships worldwide. And they'll probably welcome the opportunity to sell a few extra bottles.

Palinka is a general name for distilled fruit spirits. I'm not sure what they use in the movie. If you want to go for accuracy, you should get the fruit right. The picture provided above says (Barsony) Birs, which is quince.
  20. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    1 Day Ago  Dec 11, 2017, 8:58 AM - Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas #545

Also, this happened:
    Like many of you, I made an attempt at the field phone, so I bought the wrong version for to much money (So not the German six channel version). as a result I had to drill extra hole, build a butterfly knob, recreate all the labels et cetera. (Thanks @buzby & @Candykiller for the provided details). And it came along quite nice.

Name:	20171202_114114.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	3.89 MB 
ID:	779525

Then I meet this guy. Says: "Hey, I have a few of those just lying around... but not quite the same..." The correct German version as it turns out. So now I obviously have to start again...

Name:	20171202_114147.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	4.85 MB 
ID:	779526

On the plus side, it did turn out I was pretty close on the actual labels.

That being said. I now have a spare. It doesn't have the belt on the back, but other than that it's in pretty good nick. So if someone is interested, let me know.