Anigrand star destroyer internal support

Deedzy

Hi guys. I have the opportunity to purchase one of these star destroyers however whilst the build quality looks great the seller has informed me that it has no armature or internal support at all. Obviously I'm concerned about the ship sagging at some point and this is holding me back from buying it.

I want to ask the opinion of builders here if internal support was mandatory for this kit? The seller says he's had the SD on display for 2 years and it had not sagged.

Thanks in advance.

You know, I just made some inner supporting struts out of styrene sprue in the middle area, where the front and back halves come together, sort of like the inside of an airplane wing. Keeps it to hold shape. Been fine for years. I did not light it however, maybe if you light it you want some frame to attach and run things. I think it was designed well enough to not need much otherwise.

You know, I just made some inner supporting struts out of styrene sprue in the middle area, where the front and back halves come together, sort of like the inside of an airplane wing. Keeps it to hold shape. Been fine for years. I did not light it however, maybe if you light it you want some frame to attach and run things. I think it was designed well enough to not need much otherwise.

Thanks for your reply Cessna, I really appreciate your insight.
The model is not lighted at all (which I personally don't mind) as the kit itself is so detailed and I remember seeing rudimentary "support" struts being molded into the kit on some build logs I've read.
The kit has nothing else internally apart from that. Worth rolling the dice on?

Thanks for your reply Cessna, I really appreciate your insight.
The model is not lighted at all (which I personally don't mind) as the kit itself is so detailed and I remember seeing rudimentary "support" struts being molded into the kit on some build logs I've read.
The kit has nothing else internally apart from that. Worth rolling the dice on?

well it's a tough call, I think it needed a little something in the middle. But each build
is different maybe the fit was on the money, I had to massage things a little bit.

well it's a tough call, I think it needed a little something in the middle. But each build
is different maybe the fit was on the money, I had to massage things a little bit.

Ideally I'd like to progress to the point where I can build my own but there's a lot of practice to be done before I'm anywhere near that level.
I'm going to go for it. Fingers crossed haha.

I used U section aluminium extrusions (from a DIY shop) clamped then epoxied in place, maybe easier to position and fix than tubes. Strong and straightforward provided you think ahead and ensure that the additions don't obstruct construction.

I didn't light mine but it's difficult to see that LED/fibre optics would have generated enough heat to cause problems unless left on for prolonged periods.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back