Fantastic Beasts Challenge Presented... Who accepts? AUROR BADGE

Ash

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them is released in theaters today, lucky for me my university is doing a free screening for students this evening (first come, first served) and I was scanning around the internet looking for flyers and what not to just randomly hand to people as they enter the theater and while on campus today I plan on taping copies of the "Save America From Witches" flyer over the movie posters displayed around school as sort of a viral marketing/prank.

ANYWAY, while looking up images for the flyers and what not I came across this. It looks to be, what I assume is Percival Graves Auror badge.

Auror Badge.jpg

Now, I have seen a couple posts in the past of replica badges so I know it's possible to replicate this, I just personally currently lack the skill set. I am however VERY interested in acquiring one. I would prefer it to be metal over say 3-D printed plastic. I also think once the movie is released and gains momentum these would sell like hotcakes.

Anyone willing to take on the challenge?

-Ash

What brandomack said.
its fan made from a discontinued fan series called Aurors Tale.
unfortunetelly Warner Bros stopped the production due to copyright rights if Im correct.
however what they did was amazing!

Does anyone know what size this badge is supposed to be? I'm assuming it's a pretty standard federal shield size at 2" wide x 3" high. If I'm way off, please let me know.

Ah, I see. Just looked around at the Facebook page for the webseries as it seems their site is no more. Like mentioned most likely due to WB's halting what they did. Regardless I'm still intrigued in owning one as I find it unique and awesome.

6644Invader: It appears to be standard shield size similar to the Gotham City Police Badge from the television show Gotham.

-Ash

6644Invader: It appears to be standard shield size similar to the Gotham City Police Badge from the television show Gotham.

Ash, thanks that helps a lot. I used to do badges and challenge coins for my day job so for some obvious reasons I love this project. I've been working on some vector art and will upload a picture when I'm done.

6644Invader-

That looks absolutely incredible. Damn close to perfect and so quickly. I'm impressed. The only thing I noticed or questioned is I'm not sure if the background of the "honor" and "duty" ribbons are actually black or if it's a trick of the eye due to lighting and shadow in the original picture. I'm curious to hear what others viewing this post might say in regards to that. Also just out of sheer curiosity what do we suppose the price point for one of these is going to range?

You mentioned that you produced challenge coins as well? Well I ran across this in my search for the Magical Congress logo. It appears these will be minted and sold. Their actual worth is only 5.00 but they will be selling for around 150. Which means I will never own one. Ha Ha.

MagicalCongresscoinfeature.jpg MagicalCongressCoinfront.jpg MagicalCongresscoinback.jpg

But with that said it may be something that could be worked on as a future project. Although, as much as I love the Queen Mum, I'd have to redesign the opposing side to something slightly more "magical" than the ol' birds face.

-Ash

That looks absolutely incredible. Damn close to perfect and so quickly. I'm impressed. The only thing I noticed or questioned is I'm not sure if the background of the "honor" and "duty" ribbons are actually black or if it's a trick of the eye due to lighting and shadow in the original picture. I'm curious to hear what others viewing this post might say in regards to that.
-Ash

Thanks! I appreciate it.

I just separated the color channels of the original image out and the background seems to be true black. The other question I have for everyone is almost every badge has a manufacturer mark on the back and many have a badge number on the back as well. If produced, I was planning on sequentially engraving badge numbers on the back of each badge but what manufacturer mark should be there is beyond me. Does anyone know if there is a badge or medallion manufacturer in the Harry Potter universe? If not, maybe it should be engraved with the Ministry of Magic logo or another issuing agency. Thoughts? I was also thinking in addition to a curved badge like was shown in the picture, I would produce a flat badge to be placed in a wallet.

Last edited:
I am unaware of any "badge makers" in the Potterverse although we could create one or as you suggested just put the Magical Congress of the United States logo or some reference to it on the backside of the badge.

-Ash

Magical Congress of the United States logo or some reference to it on the backside of the badge.

-Ash

Even though this badge isn't exactly in cannon, it would probably be best to stay in cannon and put the MACUSA logo on the back (although I am open to other opinions).

If these were to be produced, they it will be 3" tall by 2.6" wide. The badge body would be made of stamped brass that is nickel plated. Rather than soft enamel, black color would be achieved with Cloisonné.

I was so sad when the web series got cancelled. I remember being so jazzed for it. The badge they came up with however is just so beautiful, and knowing Fantastic Beasts have a version of a badge if I remember correctly. Though I would really love a badge for the "original" Aurors from the British Ministry of Magic . It would make sense for them to have on as well.

Anyway, I'm following this thread and looking forward to see the progress.

- Cirian

6644Invader-

With the release of the new cast photo for the Fantastic Beast sequel it got me thinking what ever happened to this project? Haven't heard anything since around this time last year and was curious if it just stalled, nothing came of it, or something else came up. I'm still interested in perhaps owning one of these.

-Ash

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back