Protech Compisite Daredevil suit

jikeel

I just wanted to share a few photos of what the proteccomposites.com Kevlar fabric looks like if you are actually insane enough to attempt it. I really like how it turned out. I really do. I fear some of you will hate it. That's ok :) I just wanted to post what its potential looks like under "normal" lighting and under a flash photo. I'm really happy with it, not 100% done but it was done in two weeks to this point so be gentle please. Just wanted to share what it can look like in amateur hands like mine. some of you might fair better maybe not, but its a separating material so you need to be crafty in how you prevent that from happening. I think I found a good way but I'm not sure. Anyways, first time poster, and sharer of it, just hope you get something out of this. The fabric looks unique, but its seriously the worst fabric imaginable to work with, that's no joke. Please take that under consideration if you wanted to try to. But yes it can be done.

(I apologize for the pic orientation, I've tried to correct but everything sees it all upright but this site... they must have some unforgiving viewing code lol no complaints :p)

20161105_195258.jpg20161105_195316.jpgFB_IMG_1478556960422.jpg

Thanks a lot! I appreciate that. Yeah its definitely not an easy costume to make for sure but I always like the challenges and the "how can I get that to work" part lol. That's why I wanted to try the Kevlar fabric. I have seen on other sites as a recommended fabric for the "look" and texture but I hadn't seen anyone actually try to do it. Protechcomposites told me it would never work as a fabric and I shouldn't even try but that just made me want to try even more lol. So this is what I have so far and it was incredibly difficult to work with the Kevlar but I like it for my attempt at creating something I hope people would appreciate :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back