New Zvezda Star Destroyer Model kit

Fiber optic is officially a pain in the *****! LOL! Its just like me to choose a Star Destroyer as my FIRST attempt at fiber optic lighting.

32354733822_3cee03d6c5_z.jpg
20170124_164811 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

32374226042_6ddde6c2e2_z.jpg
20170125_203722 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

32147817000_184c2ee90f_z.jpg
20170125_203612 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

Oh I know, Im waiting on them to come! I happened to have that cool white LED and I use it to test the progress as I go. Also waiting on some blue and red ones.

I've been wondering myself what is the most screen accurate colors cool white or warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Look at the movies and pictures and judge for yourself but warm has a yellow hue where cool has a blue one.

I agree, the interior lights almost always appear warm yellow and some red at times. The engines however have been all over the place. Sometimes they look yellow and sometimes the are more blue. Not sure why the difference unless it's just a film to photo anomaly or different between original release and updated special releases. But they are different.

Bill

I am definitively going warm! In color that is. I had a white warm led from a previous project and did a quick test on the work Ive done on the bridge. I lit up only half of the fibers but, man I do love how it looks. Its very close to the original look in Episode 4.

32390166512_1242fe287b_z.jpg
20170126_184234 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

Im running through drill bits too fast...LOL! I just ordered a few (a LOT!). Using #73 bits which provide an adequate tight but also comfortable hold on the 0.5mm fibers.

Mine sat for a week before moving again, then it was just a few days.

Mine arrived at ICS/NYC on the 23rd (after exactly one month after it left Moscow), then was transferred to another facility in Nassau, NY arriving on the 25th at 9:18am. It then shipped out of there "en route to destination" 22 minutes later. I had hoped it would get here today as it's a four hour trip from Long Island to Massachusetts, but t still shows "enroute to destination" as of 9:18am today. Maybe Friday. That would be a nice way to end the week! :D

I see their AT-AT comes with a scale Rebel speeder. 1:53 scale? New tool?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah I saw that too and wondered the same. I knew they had an at at coming out again but I figured it was a reissue of their old one. Not sure now (I never had the old one so its hard to tell from pics if this is a new model.)

I don't know what my drill bits are made of but I used the same drill bit on my SD that I used on my Salzo Galactica. Its drilled close to a thousand holes and hasn't broke yet.

Hmm, the Revell rebox of the Zvezda kit is a limited edition?

Chris
Maybe that's because if they don't own the molds, they can't guarantee continuous production. It would make sense to sign some time-bound deal with Zvezda.

Or maybe it's just to drive up initial sales... </cynic>

I don't know what my drill bits are made of but I used the same drill bit on my SD that I used on my Salzo Galactica. Its drilled close to a thousand holes and hasn't broke yet.

Ive been using ones I got some time ago, supposedly they are carbide bit but they are very thin. In the neighborhood of 0.6mm. One way or the other the damn holes will be made....my Lord Vader needs his ship!

That's the Zvezda there in the middle. The snap kit is there on the bottom right, poorly assembled!

2yy108z.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back