Kylo Ren black series helmet. Advice & info needed please

Vdubbri

Hi I am putting together my Kylo costume for Halloween and would like help please. I want to put magnets in the helmet and hood so the hood will stay in place on the helmet but I will be able to move freely. I was thinking neodymium magnets but I don't know what size or strength to get. I don't want them to be so strong that it damages the costume but I also don't want them to be too weak so they are not effective for what I want to achieve. If anyone can shed some light on this it would be appreciated. Thanks

Are you mounting the magnets underneath the helmet so they aren't visible and are you mounting the magnets inside of the hood? How thick is your hood?

A safe bet would be to get 1/2 round or larger magnets so that they can accommodate the irregular shape of the helmet and hood, also get them in N52 that's the strongest grade for magnets.

Yes I would be mounting them inside the helmet so they are not visible. I just didn't know what strength magnets to get as some of them have a really strong pull force rating. I am still unsure how to attach them to the hood though. I was thinking about stiching a patch over them on the inside of the hood.

That would work, also if your hood has two layers you can place the magnets in between. Glue them in place so they don't move.

My helmet has a rough texture that acts like sandpaper almost, it keeps the heavy hood from sliding off.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back