Starting to collect, Question for those who have Marvel bluray steelbooks

tripoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, having purchased the US Marvel Steelbook editions for the past 6 movies, i decided to convert my whole marvel collection to steelbooks. Somewhat difficult in the US to do and expensive. eBay has several different incarnations with different nations. I was hoping to keep ti the Best Buy US type editions but there are so many art work covers out there, not sure which is the US edition. Just two left to collect now.

Could someone that has both the US Best Buy Thor and first Captain America steel book please post the art work on the thread so i know what to look for? Trying to keep the collection to the US editions when possible.

Yes, I believe they did. Wish I could go back in time and make the purchase then. The steelbooks has a good collectors value and getting the early ones at a decent price means really having to hunt for them. I have all but the last two, Thor and Captain America the First Avenger. A low price for these two is at $ 60 each and a high price is $ 250 and up.

IMG_3379.jpg

Keeping the original plastic ones as well, but these do look sharp on the shelves.

they did not, best buy never had the original thor or original captain america on steelbook (nor the original iron man).
those are the rarest and the most expensive because they were never released in the states. if im not mistaken, the first marvel
that was released in the states were iron man 2 (which was a target release).
eventually they released the first 2 hulks, iron man 2, avengers, avengers 2, captain america tws, and thor 2.
iron man 3 was released overseas as a steelbook but not in the usa.

iron man (rare)
iron man 2 (target exclusive....not a steelbook but a ironpack?)
iron man 3 (only overseas)
thor (rare)
thor 2 tdw (bb)
captain america (rare)
captain america 2 tws (bb)
captain america 3 (soon to be bb)
ant man (bb)
guardians of the galaxy (bb)
avengers (bb)
avengers 2 (bb)
incredible hulk (bb)

Thanks for the information. Zavvi makes steelbook cases for these movies as well another third party vendor. So I will look to those or the UK releases as they have region free disc in them.

The Incredible Hulk steelbook was a Walmart exclusive.
Play.com also made an Incredible Hulk steelbook, the one I ended up getting in my collection.
s-l300.jpg

Amazon apparently had the original THOR movie in steelbook and it is very rare to find:
Thor-3D-Steelbook-NL.jpg

Did just get the Zavvi Capt America steelbook, so just Thor left to find.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back