DL-44 live fire build

Green and red tracers truly look like blaster bolts.

Likewise, there's a scene in Fury wherein red & green tracer fire is exchanged between Shermans and Tigers across a battlefield at dusk. Looked like blaster fire as well, just louder.

I got my scope!!!! Thanks Todd!! It is mounted up and weathered. I just weathered it to match the aging on the actual blaster. As with things like this always are- it will for ever be a work in progress. I may someday try to make it look more like the real movie prop but for now it is just an "real" DL-44. Now I will start working on a live fire video but here are some pictures of it.

IMG_3932.JPG IMG_3933.JPG IMG_3936.JPG IMG_3939.JPG

IMG_3940.JPG IMG_3942.JPGIMG_3921.JPG

Looks real nice.
How does the working scope look thru the lens?

Did you encounter any difficulty in fitting the scope rings? Meaning, do they line up cleanly and are smoothly made right out of the box?

Looks real nice.
How does the working scope look thru the lens?

Did you encounter any difficulty in fitting the scope rings? Meaning, do they line up cleanly and are smoothly made right out of the box?

The scope is very fuzzy. You can only make out shapes and colors. It is cool seeing the reticle in there though. Also since it is has the eye relief of a rifle scope you have to hold it a lot closer to your face to see through it correctly. The scope mounted up pretty well. One ring fit perfect and the other was a little loose around the scope. For display it is perfect but I will have to shim it a bit to keep in in place for live fire.

Good to hear regarding the fit of the scope mount.

When he gets them back in stock I'll be sure to order a set to use w/ my real scope.

Its definitely good for collectors to have an accurate replica available.

Some movie production thoughts...

I went "Trick or Treat" with my kids wearing this with the Todd's holster. I would imagine this must have been very uncomfortable for Harrison Ford. It looks cool but it it is not comfortable for sitting or walking long distances. I will say if this hung high it would have been even worse. It has to hang low to be out of the way (and of course look cool). If it was higher it sticks out so far as you walk your hand would hit the scope with every stride. It must have gotten beat up a bunch during production because it is not a very ergonomic setup. Hence, parts were missing post production. The gun is heavy! It made me realize how uncomfortable actors must be to pull of certain looks.

Some movie production thoughts...

I went "Trick or Treat" with my kids wearing this with the Todd's holster. I would imagine this must have been very uncomfortable for Harrison Ford. It looks cool but it it is not comfortable for sitting or walking long distances. I will say if this hung high it would have been even worse. It has to hang low to be out of the way (and of course look cool). If it was higher it sticks out so far as you walk your hand would hit the scope with every stride. It must have gotten beat up a bunch during production because it is not a very ergonomic setup. Hence, parts were missing post production. The gun is heavy! It made me realize how uncomfortable actors must be to pull of certain looks.

I agree, if you had the Droid caller on your belt then it becomes even more unwieldy and your arms get hammered with all the gadgets in place. I suspect that was the reason the Droid caller was left off his TFA belt.

The gun is heavy but for the most part the actors carried rubber versions not the full steel blasters which would have made everything a lot more user-friendly.

Great build sir.

High regards
MARK

I agree, if you had the Droid caller on your belt then it becomes even more unwieldy and your arms get hammered with all the gadgets in place. I suspect that was the reason the Droid caller was left off his TFA belt.

The gun is heavy but for the most part the actors carried rubber versions not the full steel blasters which would have made everything a lot more user-friendly.

Great build sir.

High regards
MARK

I have a nice weighted droid caller I built from a kit. Yea, that was as bad as the blaster due to its position on the belt. I always thought it was curious that he had a droid caller since he did not own any droids was never seen using it.

Stumbled across this build on YouTube, and loved it! The tracers really top it off. Someday, perhaps I’ll build the courage to migrate my parts off of a denix and onto a live fire :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back