Free Marvel Spider-Man Files with Accurate Seams

Timey Wimey

On another thread I’ve been working on Spider-Man files, based on his newest rendition in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
I’ve reached the conclusion that it’s better to get the file out there sooner finished, working and appreciated by a greater public.
I’d like to see peoples personal changes, opinions & suggestions.

I’d like to make it incredibly clear that I don’t have absolute proof this will work (that I have a functioning product). I’m looking to the community to help test, critique and enhance the file. A few files probably require review, addition and alteration to be satisfactory. Please use the files at your own discretion.

I’ve assumed some important information is implied so please ask away.

Original Attempt of Civil War Spider-Man
View attachment Original Awful File.jpg
Most recent Civil War Spider-Man
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-NQmxLI26CmNlRLNnBueEU2X2s
View attachment Civil War.jpg
Civil War Pre Stark Costume
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-NQmxLI26CmOWRDREs5VEU2R0U
View attachment Pre Stark Civil War Spider-Man Suit.jpg
Original attempt of Homecoming Spider-Man
View attachment Copy of July Homecoming Layed Out.jpg
Most Recent Homecoming Spider-Man
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-NQmxLI26CmR3JnMXpYQ0hibEE
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-NQmxLI26CmUGtLNHdzdkdSdWc
View attachment Example Newest.jpg
Logos and other
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-NQmxLI26CmcXNQYjk4OUJGQXM
Link to All:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B...pKV1U0Zm9QX0FIRTRqN3Rqd3FnN2FGUlFXbVoyOVRQNkk
Civil War Front Emblem.jpgShoe.pngCopy of Homecoming Front Emblem.pngCopy of Homecoming Back Emblem.pngAperture Frames.pngSpider-Light II.png
(The Colour is probably not representative of how it appears in photoshop)

Attachments

• Copy of July Civil War Layed Out.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 3,608
  • Copy of Civil War Front Emblem.png
    Copy of Civil War Front Emblem.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 9,373
  • Homecoming.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 4,172
Last edited:
Re: MCU Spider-Man Pattern Files (Free) (WIP Collaborative effort)

I took a look at your file, and It's great! But how would one scale this pattern to fit their body? And also, might I suggest that you add sewing outlines so that we know where the seams actually go :) But otherwise, it's a really great and detailed pattern

I took a look at your file, and It's great! But how would one scale this pattern to fit their body? And also, might I suggest that you add sewing outlines so that we know where the seams actually go :) But otherwise, it's a really great and detailed pattern
It scales exactly like a Kenlandrum file. It begins at his file's standard size. To resize it I've actually downloaded his file and got the percentage I need to change it to, by changing his file to the correct size. I or the people who respond on this thread should probably come up with a better way. In my initial thread I've explained I got my proportions from his file. To avoid long update periods on google drive, can I just upload a PNG to add as a layer for the outline?

The Seam allowance for the Civil War one is 120px.
60px for Homecoming.
The outline is in PNG form for both in the drive folder and can be added to the files with ease.
There are some inaccuracies in the form of jagged edges because of lines poking out from the original vector.

Last edited:

To avoid long update periods on google drive, can I just upload a PNG to add as a layer for the outline?

You can, just make sure that they're all the same dimensions and will line up properly :)

Some reason the outline only correctly adds itself if you drag and drop the outline file icon onto the open photoshop file. I wouldn't print the file with the outline because the inside of the outline is where to sew.

I'm desperate for some feedback. I'd really like as many people seeing this as possible so I can improve the files and see them in the real world. I'm after detailed critique & improvements (ideas as well).

I'd also really appreciate help or ideas spreading about the thread so I can really get the help I need.

I haven't made my 3D skills satisfactory yet, nor am I able to think mechanically but It'd be pretty cool if anyone could get some ideas for the pre stark lenses. I 3D modeled the fake Russo Twitter post but unfortunately it's static. Of course if we can make a worthwhile replica of the new web shooters that'd be superb. I think it's best to design the pieces separate or not do the bracelet part.

Last edited by a moderator:

I notice that you actually had the outlines around the blacks and some on the reds, but none of the blues. If someone were to print these files and have them sewn, sewing outlines around the blue would REALLY help. Kinda like how kenlandrum does. Notice the subtle white line that goes around the blue.
Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 1.10.59 PM.png

I notice that you actually had the outlines around the blacks and some on the reds, but none of the blues. If someone were to print these files and have them sewn, sewing outlines around the blue would REALLY help. Kinda like how kenlandrum does. Notice the subtle white line that goes around the blue.
View attachment 641976

I don't know how that's possible. On my computer the outlines are definitely how they should be. I've got some big and small updates incoming and hopefully that will fix everything.

Had a few problems uploading to google drive but the two main patterns are updated.
View attachment 642335
The Homecoming Revision I found surprisingly fiddly and I need anyone who's willing to look for errors. Too much of the work was done in photoshop and that could have lead to some flaws.

Hey man awesome work!! I'm willing to test your pattern and as soon as I complete the suit I'll give you a review about it!! Thank you very much for sharing it with us! You can find me on Facebook as Alessio Lucchesi or on my page https://www.facebook.com/TheAmazingSpiderlab/ if you want to talk more deeply about it..I also have access to a screen printing company so if we work togheter we could make something beautiful (I hope)!![emoji16][emoji16]

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Hey man awesome work!! I'm willing to test your pattern and as soon as I complete the suit I'll give you a review about it!! Thank you very much for sharing it with us! You can find me on Facebook as Alessio Lucchesi or on my page https://www.facebook.com/TheAmazingSpiderlab/ if you want to talk more deeply about it..I also have access to a screen printing company so if we work togheter we could make something beautiful (I hope)!![emoji16][emoji16]

I really appreciate that. Thanks a lot. What should I do to begin the talking?

Don't know..let's talk about the texture of the suit so that we can both agree on stuff..something like that! Also I believe that the rubber band on the chest near the shoulder should be more "pointed"
6816df6fabae6e70b434c09b6636cce5.jpg

I keep making updates, almost entirely on the gloves. I also saw some problem with the boots that I fixed and I believe I'll need a better reference for the webs on the upper back. I'm excited about the prospect of physical tests but I'd also really like some input on details so people aren't disappointed by aesthetics. I see I'm getting some but I'd like to remind that you should check when the zips where uploaded if you want the newest versions and any things to complain about just lets me know there is possibly something to improve. The last update on the Homecoming Design is now and the Civil war is earlier today.

The more people that see this particular thread the better the product could be (I presume).

Well, that's my contribution:

I finished my new pattern design about the MCU Spider-Man Mask. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of the finished mask, but when someone try this sublimated design, please share with me pics of the result. Thanks and enjoy it :)

Sin título-5.png

Link Download:

https://ww.mediafire.com/view/7298vyzhl4qw8p7/MCU_Spider-Man_Mask.png

And this is my vesion of the Spider Logo:

MCU Spider Logo.png

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1468374864714.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1468374864714.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 1,773
Last edited:

I've got a bit in the works and rather than constant update I'm saving the next one for when I get a particular item finished. The mask.

I agree about the Civil War logo needing changing. It's almost identical to the homecoming one now but slightly different. I am yet to upload it.
I am almost entirely done on my biggest small update yet for the homecoming design and am using those updates to better the Civil War design.

I'll cut to the chase. I've been looking at the mask and my sewing pattern for it is fairly wrong. I've developed an outline that I'd really appreciate someone try out. I'm really unsure about it but the general shape is a lot more correct. Does someone have any time to test it? I intended to make it the same scale as the rest of the file, 5mm seam allowance is the outside of the black line, 150PPI. Mask.png

(edit): Thanks for your contribution in the above post.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back