ReinHardt 3D Print

Blankslate

Hey everyone!

So this will be my first post on here, I am sure you all know SKS props on here, well, I had made the decision after seeing him at Denver Comic Con that I was going to do my own build of either the Lich King or Reinhardt, in a very similar fashion to how he did, After debating this much and doing my research and finding what I would need I have decided that it would be easier for me and more do-able with my resources to print his armor instead of foam making it.

I have a LulzBot Taz6 I will be doing all these prints on, And I have seen that there is someone else working on this same project as we speak, how ever mine will be a much longer process and probably take me 5-7 months I'm guessing. That being said if you're interested in the progress I will be posting pictures and progressions as I go and work on the pieces and the best practices you might use in Printing your own!

I have also been working on building a 3d printer from scratch that has been placed on hold for this project, but if any one is interested in my printing knowledge I'd be happy to chat about it.
Because of all this I would also like to know what future projects and prints you would all like to see and maybe I can make some of them a reality, I'm debating if it is efficient enough and beneficial enough to start a business out of even if a small one to begin. how ever if profitable enough to make a living I intend to possibly make it a full time career printing props and proto types for people.

Lastly, I'll add that the hardest part about this project so far has not been editing or creating the file to use, but simply finding a usable one, once I did (After 5+ hours of searching for one) I was able to converter it from its format as a .obj file into a .stl file for use in printing that I have been editing so far. Hope everyone enjoys and i look forward to your responses!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back