X-Men Apocalypse - Quicksilver Research & Build Thread [SPOILERS]

DOn't know if it has been brought up yet,but I found that the jacket used in the movie is based in a popular pepsi add featuring michael jackson
pepsi.jpg
c5e04264c5c47b9e64bfb63ecf024837.jpg
s-l1000.jpg

Re: X-Men Apocalypse - Quicksilver Research & Build Thread [SPOILERS]

I would definitely like to find a better wig as well. I was literally just having a discussion with my wife about how much fun I had wearing Quicksilver to a Con vs wearing my stormtrooper. Very different experience, but I would love to find a better wig to take it to the next level.

Alas, the reproduction glasses appear to be a bust. My friend more or less went radio silent about them. I will re-engage him though. Maybe since I had the other ones for the Nerd Year's Eve Con he assumed I didn't need them any longer.

- - - Updated - - -

DOn't know if it has been brought up yet,but I found that the jacket used in the movie is based in a popular pepsi add featuring michael jackson

I cannot tell you how many times in my life I saw that commercial, and I never would have made that connection. That is awesome! Great find!!!

RyHarp, I picked up a pair of black jeans that were slim fit, not skinny jeans - those are too much, in my opinion - at JC Penney I think they cost less than $20. I then went to Michael's and grabbed 2 bottles of the black fabric paint that I shared earlier, and painted them as per a tutorial I found on YouTube for how to make your own faux coated jeans.

You can see the finish a little bit in the pictures I shared, both in progress and in use (especially the lower leg in the being worn) pictures, but the photos don't do it justice.

Dark CMF, I just looked back at the pictures you took of Quicksilver`s watch and belt and some of the shots you took them from were only shown for less than a secend. so I was wondering if you have some sort of method or tips you could share with me for how to take pictures of scenes that were only shown for less than a secend from a 4k tv? Because if it was from a computer then you can just use a frame by frame softwere insted

Dark CMF, I just looked back at the pictures you took of Quicksilver`s watch and belt and some of the shots you took them from were only shown for less than a secend. so I was wondering if you have some sort of method or tips you could share with me for how to take pictures of scenes that were only shown for less than a secend from a 4k tv? Because if it was from a computer then you can just use a frame by frame softwere insted

Nothing crazy, actually. I used the frame advance on my X-Box One S, and took the pictures from the 4K UHD bluray, using a Canon Rebel T3 digital camera. Really, just a high quality source, and a high quality camera. Looking back, I did use my iPad mini to take some of them as well.

X-Men Apocalypse - Quicksilver Research & Build Thread [SPOILERS]

I know this thread hasn't been used. It I'm using a lot of your guys research for upcoming NYCc and came up with some stuff. 1. I am using the idea of using normal glasses and modding them via below
9a6f2b71cb33cd2fae46ab25d5b13603.jpg
2bd5dc05ceb5be38e5b090dda6ee7dc8.jpg
2. I am building a cardboard case for my phone that way I can actually listen to music out of it I already built one but it was to big so I cut out the stuff that I painted.
0180955a845f0a68eeaed50b5e8f8841.jpg
1d1251190fe76fb09a99bb1a9a1cf8ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey there Zaney!

The glasses are the pain in the backside for this costume, hands down. ;) good luck with your sculpt!

In other news, I am in the process of doing some major upgrades. Rewatching the movie one night, it dawns on me what I'm missing in my costume - shine.

His shoes and and pants have a lot more shine than either of mine do. So I've repainted the shoes with a metallic finish, and they're drying right now. I have the same fabric paint that I used before but with a metallic finish, to upgrade the pants. I'll let you know how that turns out, too.

the biggest news I have on the upgrade front is really excellent - I found a very good wig. You will have to have a stylist who is trained in cutting and styling wigs fix it up for you, but it looks like it will be excellent when done. It is a gunmetal grey "Chronos" wig found here: https://www.epiccosplay.com/chronos-gunmetal-grey.html

Below I will include a photo of me wearing it out of the box, and three photos of my stylist's husband wearing it so that she can cut it. She will be cleaning and styling it tomorrow. Really excited about this find!!

Attachments

• IMG_1098.JPG
    IMG_1098.JPG
    382 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1096.JPG
    IMG_1096.JPG
    440.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1097.JPG
    IMG_1097.JPG
    313 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1099.JPG
    IMG_1099.JPG
    594.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1103.JPG
    IMG_1103.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 114
Wow, that wig looks amazing after the styling!!!!

I'm very envious lol

I never thought about getting the card

Hey there Zaney!

The glasses are the pain in the backside for this costume, hands down. ;) good luck with your sculpt!

In other news, I am in the process of doing some major upgrades. Rewatching the movie one night, it dawns on me what I'm missing in my costume - shine.

His shoes and and pants have a lot more shine than either of mine do. So I've repainted the shoes with a metallic finish, and they're drying right now. I have the same fabric paint that I used before but with a metallic finish, to upgrade the pants. I'll let you know how that turns out, too.

the biggest news I have on the upgrade front is really excellent - I found a very good wig. You will have to have a stylist who is trained in cutting and styling wigs fix it up for you, but it looks like it will be excellent when done. It is a gunmetal grey "Chronos" wig found here: https://www.epiccosplay.com/chronos-gunmetal-grey.html

Below I will include a photo of me wearing it out of the box, and three photos of my stylist's husband wearing it so that she can cut it. She will be cleaning and styling it tomorrow. Really excited about this find!!

Love the accessories! I was wondering where you got the shoelaces? (as stupid as it might sound, I'm having trouble finding them)

Let me tell you that this is very difficult to find cheap good looking woman pants for this:p

I bought the shoelaces off amazon for fairly cheap. Just look for silver/glitter shoe laces, and black laces. I found it easier to find more coated jeans for women than men, but waxing your own isn't that difficult

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back