X-Men Apocalypse - Quicksilver Research & Build Thread [SPOILERS]

jarradfx

Howdy, all!

Figured I'd put this thread together as I haven't seen very many Quicksilver threads or builds before. His costume in Apocalypse isn't too different than his one in Days of Future Past, so I've already found a couple of things. Feel free to add any pictures, videos etc. that showcase his costume or props that could be of any use. Seeing as the film has only come out recently SPOILERS AHEAD:

Here's what we've found so far

T-Shirt:
RUSH - Moving Pictures Tour of 1981

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Jacket:
The jacket used in DoFP is very similar to the Apocalypse one but for now the closest
we have is the DoFP jacket - appears to be by Saint Laurent. It's likely the Apocalypse one
was custom made.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Shoes:
Nike Air Force 1 - spray painted silver? Thanks to JLeezy23 for the find.

Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 11.19.19 PM.png IMG_20160601_055942.jpg

Cassette Player:
Sony Walkman WM-F5 - Thanks to taruchu for the find.

Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 11.14.06 PM.png 7.jpg

Goggles:
Based off of Versace 'Versus' glasses - Thanks to metamorphicsfx & Begnert for the find.

$_57.JPG Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 12.10.14 AM.png

Last edited:
Great thread! I'm also planning on making his costume. I will most likely make the jacket from scratch since it was custom made there are no similar ones available.

In my opinion the jacket is not the same they used in the previous movie because there are more small zippers and also black leather parts, collar is smaller as well.

Great thread! I'm also planning on making his costume. I will most likely make the jacket from scratch since it was custom made there are no similar ones available.

In my opinion the jacket is not the same they used in the previous movie because there are more small zippers and also black leather parts, collar is smaller as well.

Sounds good, looking forward to it! Yeah I wasn't entirely sure, because I saw smaller zippers on the back of the shoulders in Apocalypse but not DOFP. We'll have to wait for HD videos/screencaps :)

His shoes are high top Nike Air Force 1's. From the looks of the front right shoe chipping/fading, they seem to be spray painted silver. IMG_20160601_055942.jpg

^Awesome find!

I watched some trailers and commercials and got pretty nice screenshots of the jacket. Not too difficult design but one thing I don't get it is near the armhole (red arrow). How is that made? I also identified his cassette player. It's a yellow Sony Walkman WM-F5.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 520
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 437
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 473
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 565
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 386
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 591
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 16,973
I think that's the shoulder pleat, there's the back panel, then there's the arm section, but in between is extra parts (pleat) for mobility and so the sleeve moves with the arm instead of being too short. Most of not all biker jackets have them

Here's a screendump of the sunglasses he used in the end of the move.
Im not good with glasses brands and such, so if anyone knows what kind these are or if they'r custom made.
Skärmklipp.PNG

For the shoes, I would recommend checking out leather paint. It can be applied with a sponge or with an airbrush (along with a thinner), and won't flake off because it is made to flex with the movement of the leather. The paint on the shoes will last a LOT longer.

Hey there everyone, I'm pretty sure this is my first post, but I've found a pre-made replica jacket that looks absolutely correct. I've ordered one (less than $150 with free shipping) but have not received it yet.

The website is www.newamericanjackets.com.

I've been beating my head against the walls trying to find the accessories (watch, headphones, glasses, etc...) and finally thought "I'll bet that there's research happening or done at The RPF.

Once I have the jacket in hand, I'll share my take on it here with all of you as well.

Quick review: Use the sizing chart, measure your chest and trust the chart. My order was placed on the 18th, and it arrived on the 24th, and the jacket is really pretty awesome.

The only discrepancy that I see is the area where the sides connect between the shoulders and the arms. There is a small strip of black leather there that looks as though it should actually be silver.

So, worth the money, in my opinion. Once I figure out how to post pictures, I will share a couple.

Last edited:
^It looks perfect!

I'm struggling with finding the perfect fabric, most of them I've seen are more matt than shiny. Thinking about using silver leather paint or something...
So far I have the shoes and the cassette player. I was super lucky to find it for 20 euros.

There is the one little discrepancy at the shoulder seams, but it's really not major at all.

if you can't find properly colored leather, you can always use Angelus Leather Paint. It's pretty easy to use, just treat the leather with Acetone beforehand, and apply the paint. There are a LOT of Angelus painted Stormtrooper boots in the 501st Legion. It's a relatively simple solution.

I've got the jacket, the T-Shirt, and the shoes. Still trying to ID his pants and watch and keeping an eye out for the Walkman. Those sunglasses are going to be a pain to source, I think.

If you need any specific pictures of the different areas of the jacket, let me know and I'll get them for you. :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back