X-Men Apocalypse - Quicksilver Research & Build Thread [SPOILERS]

I did a search for leather cuff watch with eyelets online, and found one very similar (but the wrong color) being sold by an Etsy seller, but it is about $190 Australian, and that plus shipping would be insane.

I believe I can make the cuff for far less than that (maybe $35-$50 max) so I'll be heading to Tandy tomorrow. :D

These can be an alternative for decent pants closest to the look, without having to coat them youself. Although you still might want to. It's strange, because the pictures that were posted behind the glass case, make them look like these pants. But in the movie, they look more shiny like a faux leather jeans. It's killing me looking for pants. I'm settling with these, and they're cheap too.

Last edited:
Yeah, I very briefly considered twill type pants like you mentioned. After looking at the film on the 4K though, I'm more convinced by close-ups and seeing them move, etc, that they are coated jeans. Especially after having a pair of them in my hands here before I chose to return them.

I know you mentioned the stereo belt, but that is definitely used in DOFP only, and they are re allegedly (I haven't looked personally) very difficult to find and pretty expensive to boot, because of their rarity.

Yeah, I very briefly considered twill type pants like you mentioned. After looking at the film on the 4K though, I'm more convinced by close-ups and seeing them move, etc, that they are coated jeans. Especially after having a pair of them in my hands here before I chose to return them.

I know you mentioned the stereo belt, but that is definitely used in DOFP only, and they are re allegedly (I haven't looked personally) very difficult to find and pretty expensive to boot, because of their rarity.

You're right, I'm just settling with the last pair of pants I posted. As for the stereo belt, I think you're absolutely right. I haven't seen the movie since it came out in May. Now that I think about it, I don't think you see that belt at all in this movie lol. I'll get it for the future when I decide to jump between outfits for the different movies. That's definitely a load off my mind for now. Those glasses though. ugh.

I'll post some better pictures of the watch in the next few days sometime. Still not quite enough to identify it, I don't think anyway, but rather than using the iPad to try to take photos of a 2160p source, I took out my DSLR and re-snapped some of the same shots we already have. They're much larger, and much cleaner. I'm pretty much determined to simply order some supplies, and make it myself at this point in time.

Also, I have come into possession of an additional, almost perfect for the costume Walkman. It is the same model, but it is the one that has the different graphics on it, and it does not have the belt clip piece for the back. I'll part with it if anyone wants to consider it. I may be able to recreate that piece, or at least a functional replica of sorts, using black ABS and some heat.

I happened to find someone selling the yellow one (exact model) bundled with a bunch of other ones for about 50 bucks. I scooped that up.

I bought the round/scalloped belt off ebay, and a Black leather belt separately, and just going to spray the brass metals into silver to get as close as possible. I don't have the link to show the picture of the buckle at work. I can post it later today when I'm home.

I've run out of time to order it to Australia in time for Halloween/PAX Aus, but Arda's 'Hansel' wig in grey is a pretty good match for the Apocalypse mullet:

Hansel-087-FRONT-320x480.jpg

You could always just paint it yellow and call it a day.

Oh, I have a perfect one already. Right graphics, same model, etc. I also have another yellow one that is the same model, but it has a different word layout in the front, and is missing the belt clip, as I described above.

great to hear that you managed to get one ordered though! Of course, we are all still going to be searching endlessly for those glasses. LoL

Oh, I have a perfect one already. Right graphics, same model, etc. I also have another yellow one that is the same model, but it has a different word layout in the front, and is missing the belt clip, as I described above.

great to hear that you managed to get one ordered though! Of course, we are all still going to be searching endlessly for those glasses. LoL

Those glasses are consuming my life right now. It's all I think about and what pair of glasses I could use to make it come close. I don't know a single thing about making cosplay props, so I wouldn't even know how to just make my own that's not too complex..

Technically, the process of making them isn't tough. I, however, don't have the skill to sculpt or 3D print them for a mold, and then begin to be able to produce them. I do know a few people who might be able to. I'll ask one or two people I know locally to find they think they can do it. Not sure about the lenses though.

I have ordered some leather so I can make the watch cuff though, so that will be fun. Do you have a link or picture for the belt that you ordered?

The glasses have officially broken me. I've tried to see if I could get any kind of information even from Versace themselves. As far as customer service knows, they can't find anything about that model. So it's really old/rare now. I tried to see if I could get them 3D printed, but since I have no knowledge of designing a 3 D design for them. They were charging me 1,000 - 1,200 for the design part, on top of charing me 50-200 dollars for the printing process.

I don't know anything about prop/cosplay making stuff, so I don't even know what's an option to try and making the frames from scratch (or building them on top of a similar frame).

I still continue to search half heatedly hoping by some miracle I find a pair. My ambition has certainly been crushed.

Put your heart at ease, my friend.

I reached out to a good friend of mine yesterday. He is a budding prop maker who has a small portfolio right now but so far, he's done some really great work. He plans to open up a shop sometime in the next few years, so I figured that he might appreciate having some business directed towards him.

Last night, he began work on the glasses. He and I will be working on his drafts and prototypes, and I will let you know what he comes up with. ;)

I started trying a Copic/alcohol-based marker dye on the roots of a cheap cosplay wig I got for Quicksilver (if it works well overall I'm going to upgrade to an Arda wig for future conventions/events), looking good so far - will post some pics when I've done more than a few inches of the wefts!

So, I have received a wig in the mail. It is from a site called dresslily.com. It was pretty cheap, but the shipping made it more expensive. It isn't perfect (seems a little too thick, and a little short in the back really) but it isn't bad as far as the appearance goes. Here is a link: http://www.dresslily.com/shaggy-natural-straight-short-capless-wig-product904090.html

My friend is working on the glasses. I shared some more reference photos with him, and he's actually going to begin working on the sizing and building up of the 3D sculpt. He has an overall good shape so far though.

Need to set the wig, paint my pants, find some black straight plug ear buds, and finish that watch cuff. Other than that, I'm just waiting in the glasses project to come to life. :)

Last edited:
The fabric paint that I'm using is just black. It is made by a company named Tulip. I picked up two bottles at Hobby lobby for about $3.00 - $5.00 each, I believe.

Here is the paint:
IMG_0537.JPG

EDIT: They were $3.99 each, as you can see on the price tags on the bottles. :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back