X-Men Apocalypse - Quicksilver Research & Build Thread [SPOILERS]

I was thinking if you could make a 3D file of the glasses an print theme.

Although I do not have a printer i started messing around in Fusion 360 and ended up with this: http://a360.co/2bzhlNt it's not the best, but it's a start.

if anyone whants to refine or print it, by all means do so and share your progress.

Referens pictures to the original glasses: http://imgur.com/a/q56aY

Those glasses are definitely going to be the single most challenging piece of this costume to acquire, from what my research has shown so far.

If anyone finds a replica source anywhere, that will be a big boost to all of us. :D

If you need any specific pictures of the different areas of the jacket, let me know and I'll get them for you. :)
I would like to see it on the sides and maybe the shoulders? Thanks!

I agree that the glasses are the most challenging... Maybe I'll make them just by myself :behave

They had the outfit on display at SDCC 2016. When I was there I was able to get some pretty good shots of the outfit. Sadly couldn't get the back due to it being on the other side of the line. But none the less they are pretty good shots.
k6Sxa8x.jpgXAbMRNy.jpgvRnYuJI.jpgAKKaozi.jpg
qMueDEs.jpgFXKrFFs.jpgidRAS82.jpgAiFhpqB.jpg
n32AKU5.jpgPcACtdq.jpgj5adils.jpg

Those are awesome shots!!

Do you have any idea what the pants were made of? I originally thought they were a leather/pleather type of material, but was wondering if they weren't waxed jeans maybe?

How about the color of them, as that's a little difficult to tell through the plexiglass.

Thank you for sharing them!

Last edited:
^Yay!

93ee8e2ea5b26371192046e2808b0554.jpg
So this is The Six Million Dollar Man shirt, I found a nice looking one on Amazon: https://amzn.com/B000ZKQNJ2 It's quite expensive though.

93ee8e2ea5b26371192046e2808b0554.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Figured it out. Much simpler than I expected it to be. :D

View attachment 657966

View attachment 657753
Whoa, this looks so boss! Is it PVC or, as the tag suggests, ~real leather~? I'm not really fussed either way, though eBay shows a few replicas in the same price zone but that are almost certainly PVC. If this one's leather it's almost too good to pass up.

Re: the pants, I reckon they're coated cotton jeans, possibly dry-brushed with a bit of silver acrylic, but from a few repeat viewings I'm starting to think they might just be plain black? Coated black cotton rarely looks super dark, it's more like a very dark grey.

To the best of my abilities to determine the jacket's materials, it does seem to me that it is actually leather.

Also, my wife suggested waxed jeans after she looked at some pictures. I've been looking on Amazon at black waxed jeans, and I believe that the two of you may be right. Take a look at some if you get the chance. Definitely a strong possibility.

I will try to get those pictures for you this weekend, Taruchu. I'm out of town for three weeks in a row, but will be home this weekend.

The last 24 hours have been good...

Jacket - check.
Rush shirt - check.
Shoes - check.
Black coated jeans - check.
Appropriate Walkman - check.

BONUS: I just snagged shoelaces that (closely at least) match the ones from the SDCC pics.

I also found a few pictures that should possibly help to identify the watch. It looks to me as if it is a watch worn over a leather band which has eyelets around each edge.

image.gifimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Now... What to do about those pesky glasses?

Last edited:
Okay Taruchu, I am at the house for the weekend, and the boys are asleep so I snapped some pictures real quick. Let me know if you'd like any other angles, close-ups of specific areas, etc, and I'll get them for you.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    642.1 KB · Views: 500
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    302.7 KB · Views: 461
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 491
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    259 KB · Views: 456
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    767.3 KB · Views: 459
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    662.5 KB · Views: 443
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    880.3 KB · Views: 508
So I found myself a pair of white Air Force 1s on eBay that I can paint up. I'm covered for the leather paint, but wondering what would be the best way to paint the edge of the soles (i.e. the rubber)? Anyone got any bright ideas?

I'm still trying to find a good pair of coated pants that are close to what he wears... Has anyone found anything close to those pants?

I'm bummed I missed out on buying the walkman on Ebay a few weeks ago. Also, those Versace glasses are impossible to find!! Ugh.

For the shoes, even though I bought silver Angelus paint for them, I wound up using a pewter spray paint. The silver really was just too bright, when looking at the reference photos. The pewter color looks much better. I will post some before and after, and after again photos shortly. I have to put the laces in the shoes now that the paint has dried and set for a few days.

As for the coated pants, the ones I bought wound up being the wrong cut, they were clearly skinny jeans, and should be slim fit at most so I returned them. What I am doing instead is making them myself. Go to YouTube and search for DIY coated denim or coated jeans. I found a few videos that had very good results using inexpensive fabric paint, that produced excellent looking results. I bought a pair of black slim fit jeans last night and will be picking up the fabric paint soon. If you'd rather buy some, check out ASOS.com. That's where I ordered the ones that I returned because of the way that they fit me.

Hope this is helpful.

EDIT: On Tuesday evening, I will have the 4K Blu-Ray in my possession, so perhaps stuff like the watch/type of pants/belt can be figured out a little more fully.

Last edited:
Okay, so here are some pictures of my shoes. The first one, is the shoes with the silver spray paint. All others are taken after I re-sprayed them with the pewter.

i do think that if you find a pair that has all of the leather surfaces made of the smooth side, you'll get better results than I did, because mine had some slightly rougher leather (not suede though) in a lot of the upper portion of the shoe, and you can see that the lower sections have a better shine than the upper sections on my shoes.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Thanks!!

I haven't worn them very much as of yet, but the only cracking/flaking so far has been at spots where the paint caked on in the creases a little bit. Outside of those kinds of situations, no cracks to report anywhere else in limited use.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back