Alien Covenant

theflightyellz

First official shot from Covenant, I've upped the exposure and removed the angle distortion.
covenant.jpg
What are people thinking for the gun?

Could be way off, but from the trigger guard and general layout it looks like a short barrel Remington 870 to me?

Last edited:
Just posted in the covenant thread about this. Lots of flashlights or lasers or something on the front end of that thing too.

Could be a shotgun, too grainy to tell. Looks almost like rifle cartridges in a side saddle too.

Or flares on the side. They remind me of the skinny flares from the end of Aliens, although that'd be a random throwback to something that wasn't even in Ridley's movie. Has he ever gone on record about whether he liked Aliens or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or flares on the side. They remind me of the skinny flares from the end of Aliens, although that'd be a random throwback to something that wasn't even in Ridley's movie. Has he ever gone on record about whether he liked Aliens or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe after the first he said he didn't care what other directors did with it because he was done with it. I think after Prometheus wasn't the massive ego massage he thought it would be, Blomkamp's teasers getting a huge fan response, and Ridley changing gears for this new one to be more like the first ALIEN. Gritty, dark, a hard R. I've never met him or talked to him about it but just my outside perspective is people didn't like his totally rad new entry as much as some guys promo pics so have to go back to the thing people liked.

He was supposedly collaborating with James Cameron on an Alien 5 back in the early 2000s (Which was cancelled by fox in order to make avp instead... Sigh, what could have been...) So i imagined he liked Aliens if he was willing to work along side Cameron on an Alien project.

I thought Kel Tec KSG with a side saddle for half a second, but the stock doesn't line up right and then there's the shells / flares too skinny. A DP-12 shares some interesting bits that look similar, but the image is so grainy & distorted (not to mention obscured by flashlight greeblies) it's hard to tell. The butt and line of the stock still seems too low.

Resurrecting this thread since it's the only one I could find on the weapons in Alien: Covenant. Tested released a video that shows them off nicely:

I wish we could've of gotten some close-ups of engravings on the weapons and attachments.

The bullpup rifle is based on a Thales F90 (or maybe a Enhanced F88 Austeyr?) In addition to the 3D-printed aluminium Picatinny rail system, it's got a sling, an ACOG scope (unfortunately, there's so many variants that you can't really tell exactly which model was used without a look at the reticule, and even then, it's probably a replica, so you'd have to ask someone who worked on the weapons if they remember which manufacturer it was from), a folding vertical grip that I can't quite make out the logo on, but it's probably a Tdi-Arms FFG-2B or FFG-4B (not to be confused with CAA's grips), since Tdi-Arms apparently supplied Steyr Mannlicher with grips for military AUG A3s, and a laser sight that's probably some sort of generic design made by many manufacturers, but this listing is the only one I could find with the correct emitter end and mount (even though it's pasted into the picture) and it's made by "Spike" (source 1, source 2, and sources 3 and 4):

1360862215.jpgffg1_1.jpgHigh-Quality-Aluminum-Alloy-Structure-5mW-Tactical-Waterproof-Green-Laser-Sight-Scope-With-11mm-.jpgHigh-Quality-Aluminum-Alloy-Structure-5mW-Tactical-Waterproof-Green-Laser-Sight-Scope-With-11mm-.jpg

The other rifles are customized AR-15s (maybe something in this list, but it's hard to determine from which manufacturer they're from without getting a good look at the engravings). They are fitted with CAA CBS Collapsible Buttstocks (maybe this airsoft version), EOTech Holographic Weapon Sights (same boat as the ACOG for finding the right model) or Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies SpecterDR 4x/1x Dual Role Optical Sights (probably DFOV14-C1s), but they're most likely replicas and the one made by G&P looks right to me, Leapers, Inc. UTG PRO Model4/AR Car Length Super Slim Free Float Handguards (MTU005SS; I'm not sure if they come in silver, but this is the same one in Cerakote), SOG Armory Graphite Vertical Grip With Quick Detach Lockdown Posts, and the same laser sights used on the bullpup rifles (source 1, sources 2 and 3, source 4, and source 5):

0000249_cbs-collapsible-ar-buttstock.jpegDSCF5151.jpgDSCF5158.jpg41KX0AnaDFL.jpgp_100002213_2.jpg

The pistol looks like a Tanfoglio Gold Match. It's got a C-More red dot sight (hard to pin down the exact one again) mounted on a "Mount double sided with weaver base A0003" (or maybe this one, I dunno) and an Olight PL-1 Valkyrie (PL-1) mounted on a small Picatinny rail (source 1, source 2, and source 3).

GM 2015_1.jpgC0003.jpgpicture_1_small_displaying_pic.jpg

There's still some other attachments I haven't listed there (flashlights, different AR-15 stocks). It kinda sucks that they used so many modern weapon attachments, since so many of them have replicas made by different companies, making it extremely hard to identify exactly which one was used. Anyways, I hope the Blu-ray has some pictures of all the different weapons (including the shotgun) and configurations on white backgrounds with the magazines inserted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think i found the shotgun, though id need to rewatch the movie to be sure.
JAG Arms Scattergun, its airsoft though.
maxresdefault;l,.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back