Weird things in movies you always notice...

Jaws, the sequence featuring the two boys with the "cardboard fin". It starts out with the fin coming up behind two girls who are splashing each other, and just before they cut to the next scene someone from off camera tosses a towel to the girl on the right (0:04 in this clip):

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what that blob is. Ever since the home release on VHS, I've focused on this and can't figure out why that is there. There are times when the Emperor moves his head and its clear that there isn't a "gap" in his mask/makeup or something that would make LucasFilm need to add in the blob. Someone please answer this 35 year old mystery!

My understanding is that it was to help disguise the lighting effect they used to highlight/catch Palpatine's eyes. Kind of like that lighting trick that Jerry Finnerman always used on Star Trek where Captain Kirk's eye's are dramatically lit with a single strip of light. The light caught the inside of the hood so they used cell animation to black it out. The problem was that the contrast on the old VHS and early DVD's was so wonky you could actually see the blobs -- kind of like the "garbage mattes" that follow the TIE Fighters around. If the contrast/black levels were accurate you shouldn't be able to see them.

Drives me nuts too lol

I'm sure I could name hundreds of things, which at the moment, can't really thing of much.
Something I always found kinda funny, was in Home Alone, when the Mom calls the cops, as the one cop is on the phone eating a doughnut, a piece falls and sticks to the phone, and he just keeps on talking and it finally falls. So glad they kept that shot.

I hate that scene anyway. We just spent three movies centered almost entirely around either trying to stop future pictures from erasing or intentionally trying to make them alter themselves, then she's like.."durrr... What does this mean?" granted she wasn't present for most of that, but you'd still think it would come up at some point, and it's presented as if he's teaching the audience a valuable lesson.

I hate that scene anyway. We just spent three movies centered almost entirely around either trying to stop future pictures from erasing or intentionally trying to make them alter themselves, then she's like.."durrr... What does this mean?" granted she wasn't present for most of that, but you'd still think it would come up at some point, and it's presented as if he's teaching the audience a valuable lesson.

Lol, you missed the point of the video. It's hilarious and weird that Zemeckis didn't do a retake for that scene! The kid is motioning and pointing to his junk!:lol

Noises in space.....

Be it ships engines or coliding with rocks

Or planets exploding with aftershocks.

In the vacuum of space no sound can travel

Which means some scenes start to unravel.

No bangs no crashes no flyby's correct

They dont even consider the Doppler effect.

A phaser, a laser or proton beam

We all know in space no one hears you scream.

That all said there is no thing

Like a tie fighter blown up by a rebel xwing.

Can't remember where I first heard this one but at the very end of the truck chase in Raiders, Toht isn't actually in the car when it comes to a stop in the market. For some reason the actor who played him wasn't available so the production team simply propped up his coat and hat in the front seat. If you look closely at those two shots, Toht is Toht-less.

In this clip, it starts at the 8:20 mark:

Edit: this is probably where I heard about it, right here at the RPF:

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=262459&p=4006084&viewfull=1#post4006084

Can't remember where I first heard this one but at the very end of the truck chase in Raiders, Toht isn't actually in the car when it comes to a stop in the market. For some reason the actor who played him wasn't available so the production team simply propped up his coat and hat in the front seat. If you look closely at those two shots, Toht is Toht-less.

https://youtu.be/F1ZyHNmb1yU?t=511

LMAO! I never noticed that!!!! :lol

Lol, you missed the point of the video. It's hilarious and weird that Zemeckis didn't do a retake for that scene! The kid is motioning and pointing to his junk!:lol
I didn't miss it. It's weird and creepy. I didn't have anything to add about the kid.

It was Doc who learned a lesson here, that the future isn't set. The whole premise of BTTF2 was ridiculous. You can't change future events, if you travel to the future and set something in motion, it will be undone once you return to your present because it hasn't happened yet.

https://youtu.be/F1ZyHNmb1yU?t=511

Edit: this is probably where I heard about it, right here at the RPF:

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=262459&p=4006084&viewfull=1#post4006084
Holy *****, Raiders has been one of my favorite films since childhood but I never once noticed that. It looks so obvious but your eyes are naturally drawn elsewhere.

Enter the Dragon - Bruce fights Ohara

What’s the deal with that guy in the crowd at 1:14 whose eyebrow is ****** so high it looks like he had too much botox on one side of his face?

2lndtBq.jpg

Attachments

• 2lndtBq.jpg
    2lndtBq.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 50
  • 2lndtBq.jpg
    2lndtBq.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 50
  • 2lndtBq.jpg
    2lndtBq.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 43
  • 2lndtBq.jpg
    2lndtBq.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 38
Enter the Dragon - Bruce fights Ohara

https://youtu.be/7NDXWHlkcag

What’s the deal with that guy in the crowd at 1:14 whose eyebrow is ****** so high it looks like he had too much botox on one side of his face?

https://i.imgur.com/2lndtBq.jpg
Difficult to be certain from that angle, but my guess is he suffered some form of trauma to the right side (his right) of his face near his eye, and that's how it healed. That would also explain why his right eyelid looks droopy; he might even have a glass eye.

Wrath of Khan - Joachim dies with his eyes wide open, but he can’t keep them open for the whole shot.

His death begins at 2:13.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back