Things you've always wondered about in sci-fi movies

Why the hell do spaceships have self-destruct systems? I mean, what’s the point of them, other than being a plot device? I’ve heard people say “it’s to deal with pirates and ship hijackings.” So, destroying your ship, with you along with it if you can’t get to an escape pod, is a deterrent for pirates? That makes even less sense. Now, I get the idea of rigging a ship to blow (basically, throwing a wrench Into the clockwork), but having a pre-made system designed to destroy your ship makes no sense. That’d be like having dynamite wired to your car in case someone attempts to carjack you, and you have a button to press to destroy the car, you and the hijacker at the same time. There’s no purpose for such a system to exist.
I'll go with that type of device to protect my car from potential highjackers:devil::eek::whistle::whistle:

1691857083512.png

In Alien the Facehugger hugs a human face. Basically flat, except for the nose. Wraps its kegs around the victims head. So how does a regular facehugger impregnate a snouted animal, such as a dog, or ox (alien 3). Does it clamp onto the front of the animals snout, or somehow the upper jaw, or lower jaw?

Why the hell do spaceships have self-destruct systems? I mean, what’s the point of them, other than being a plot device? I’ve heard people say “it’s to deal with pirates and ship hijackings.” So, destroying your ship, with you along with it if you can’t get to an escape pod, is a deterrent for pirates? That makes even less sense. Now, I get the idea of rigging a ship to blow (basically, throwing a wrench Into the clockwork), but having a pre-made system designed to destroy your ship makes no sense. That’d be like having dynamite wired to your car in case someone attempts to carjack you, and you have a button to press to destroy the car, you and the hijacker at the same time. There’s no purpose for such a system to exist.
The simple answer is that it's intended to prevent the ship's technology from getting into "enemy" hands. Likewise any "sensitive" information that might be stored on the ship's computers. Less a "deterrent", more a "preventive measure". The crew...well, they knew the job was dangerous when they took it.

The simple answer is that it's intended to prevent the ship's technology from getting into "enemy" hands. Likewise any "sensitive" information that might be stored on the ship's computers. Less a "deterrent", more a "preventive measure". The crew...well, they knew the job was dangerous when they took it.
It's like marriage. You knew. And people say you could peacefully separate but all the folks you know hit the button on the way out.

In Alien the Facehugger hugs a human face. Basically flat, except for the nose. Wraps its kegs around the victims head. So how does a regular facehugger impregnate a snouted animal, such as a dog, or ox (alien 3). Does it clamp onto the front of the animals snout, or somehow the upper jaw, or lower jaw?
Its only design is for humans;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back