Suggestion Model Part/Parts Box Trading Thread.

CB2001

Master Member
Now, one of the things that a lot of members of the RPF, especially in the model subforum (be it general models or studio scale model section), is that when you buy enough models and you've kitbashed enough models enough, you're bound to have a lot of parts left over that lead into creation and stockpiling parts boxes. In some cases, some modelers could be missing parts that they need, or maybe users have too much parts that they are looking to get rid of for other parts that could be used for later. So, with the follow suggestion, I propose a Model Part/Parts Box trade section. This could be something as simple as a pinned thread in the modeling subforums, so that users can post what parts they want to trade and what they're looking for. This could be for individual parts or whole boxes, with the only cash exchange being for postage and handling for the part/parts box.

This is, of course, just a suggestion, and I'm sure that someone may say "that's what the Junkyard is for", but for the Junkyard, it seems more for parts or full kits of props, or are often a full model kit instead of individual model parts. But, I'm making this suggestion anyways, as I'm sure there's members who build models who don't want to pay $20+ for a full model kit when they only need a part.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back