STUDIO SCALE X WING MODEL IDENTIFICATION.. can you help

Flyscriber

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi everyone, I need a little hep in identifying a kit.
If any of you X wing experts out there can give me an ID on this kit I would be super grateful.
Cheers folks, thanks for checking it out.
unknown x wing.jpg

Looks like its part of the fuselage on this cast. I don't have it here unfortunately.
I thought it could be a Salzo but wasn't sure.
Thanks MonsieurTox

I thought it may be a member on here, hence the post really. I had an enquiry about it from someone, I thought it would be best to check it out and see what it was before he bought it. Looks like the listing may have finished now.
I think if I need to organise one for the chap, ill get it from mr Salzo himself if its still possible.
Thanks Scott Graham

I knew about Ray's Y-wing, but is he also making an X-wing? He has one listed on ebay, but is it something he's making or does he have one from somewhere else (one of Mike's) that he's selling? I thought this looked like a V3 since the canopy looks molded with the fuse.

Ray makes both an x-wing and a y-wing.
His x-wing parts are what I used to restore my damaged Icons x-wing. I bought basicly everything but the fuse parts. I also have a complete y-wing of his too.
Ray is a great guy to deal with, and has been extremely helpful sorting out the Icons x-wing.

I don't know why he chose to self ban from here, but I have had nothing but excellent experiences with him. Great guy who makes nice resin model kits.

Last edited:
So this begs the question and maybe it was the original posters intent, but how good is Ray's Kit compared to the other two--Salzo and Rodmart? The Y has been maligned as not Studio scale because of the details, what about this X?

Dedalus5550, (or mind reading guru, you decide!!!) has hit it on the head. Without wanting to start a mud slinging match, I'm interested to see how accurate this kit is in comparison with the Salzo and others such as Nexus etc. I'm a bit of a sucker for a great kit and would hate to pass on dubious information on the differences between the kits.
Cheers for the info so far, very enlightening.

I have only the complete wing assemblies from the Galactic Resin x-wing, but they are very comparable to the wings of the Salzo V3.1 I have.

Im traveling at the moment, but I'm happy to take comparison pics between the 2 when I get home, if you like.

Edited to add: I have these two pics of the GR x's wings. They may help a little.

Added shots of the Salzo 3.1 wings to compare to the Galactic Resin. Hope they help.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 221
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 225
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 185
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Yes sir. Happy to.
I added a couple of shots to my previous post above. I'll take some side by side pics this weekend.

Is the Galactic X-Wing a while new pattern ?
It looks like the pattern was made from a V2, with the nose cut and the rear glued to the fuselages halves as well as the canopy to make a new masters.
The F-4 J looks exactly like the captain cardboard and Salzo's V2 : thicknened kitparts in the inside with a bevel.

The Saturn V cans seems to be Captain Cardboard and Salzo ones with the too thick aditionnal plating.

The breakdown of the rear fuselage is the same than the CC and V2 X-Wing, the cone at the end of the engine is the same wrong one than in the CC and V2 (wrong taper).

For those who dont know, Mike Salzo upgraded the CC X-Wing pattern to make his V2 that' why they are so close.

Did he bough that master from Mike now he's producing the V4 ?

I want to say Kokkari has worked with both the Salzo and the Galactic Resin kits. I think I even remember him mentioning some of the differences between the two in his Youtube review. Maybe he can add some of his thoughts on the subject.

I want to say Kokkari has worked with both the Salzo and the Galactic Resin kits. I think I even remember him mentioning some of the differences between the two in his Youtube review. Maybe he can add some of his thoughts on the subject.
Yes, I have both kits and can confirm it's not a modified Salzo. The fuselage is based off a maxi brute. I posted all the details about the kit here. http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=251807 Ray is a fantastic guy and put a lot of work into this kit. The engines are from saturn and F4 kits. Everyone can judge for themselves.

Yes, I have both kits and can confirm it's not a modified Salzo. The fuselage is based off a maxi brute. I posted all the details about the kit here. http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=251807 Ray is a fantastic guy and put a lot of work into this kit. The engines are from saturn and F4 kits. Everyone can judge for themselves.

I will second what kokkari said when it comes to Ray. I've had several interactions with him and he's been super to deal with, a real stand up guy.

I agree. I know Ray personally and have seen his patterns. He has nothing to do with the Salzo kit. Stop pointing fingers when you really don't know what you're talking about.

I agree. I know Ray personally and have seen his patterns. He has nothing to do with the Salzo kit. Stop pointing fingers when you really don't know what you're talking about.

Wasn't pointing out, was asking if he did bought Salzo's pattern who bought Scotts pattern which is a legit question.
Stop being aggresive faustus100.

And yeah it has a lot to do with the old V2 kits, same errors that have been corrected/improved with the later Salzo kits.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back