Phase 1 : My Star Wars Blaster Builds

userd1402

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have the opportunity to acquire a Webley No.3 and I'm thinking I could use it for Boba Fett's EE-3 carbine but I'm not sure if the No.3 is too far off the correct No.1 for an accurate looking replica. The side profile shapes and the cocking-thumb-thing are quite different. It needs a bit of a clean up as it's starting to get oxidised but it's affordable.

image.jpeg

Any thoughts?

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Any good for Fett EE-3?

It should make for a really good base for the RotJ EE-3. You just need to make the stock and extend the barrel. I mean, there will be some minute discrepancies but it would really look the part along with being a real thing.

Starting s Fett EE-3

Checking around I just found a No.2 Webley here in the UK. Obviously a No.2 would be much closer to the No.1 in shape and it's in fantastic condition. The owner actually has two but he is considering parting with one...

Re: Blaster Builds; Fett EE-3 / E-11

There may be a 'slight' delay in the Fett EE-3 build. The postman has just been!

2016-04-05 10.44.24.jpg

This is an ex British Army L2A3. It has a moving slide, moving trigger, nice rounded 'Bapty-esque' trigger-guard and the original paint finish is pretty smooth so it just needs de-greasing, a light sanding and a light spray with some satin-black to make it shiny.
I'm going for the ep.4 'detention block' look so no Hengstler counter on this one.

2016-04-05 10.44.24.jpg

Re: Blaster Builds; Fett EE-3 / E-11

The E-11 parts have started arriving; Scope mounts from DEC and T-tracks from Wannawanga.

Last edited:
Re: My Blaster Builds; EE-3 / E-11 / DDC

I've been thinking about the EE-3 and I have two problems with it. First is cost, these are never cheap to do in full-metal. Second is size, these aren't small props!

I have mocked up a Mandalorian pistol version in photoshop to see how it may look and I rather like it but the rest of my collection is screen-accurate so it's not going to happen.

EE3-snubby.jpg

EE3-snubby.jpg

Apologies to anyone reading this thread for the first time if it's a bit disjointed. I've been through and removed 'unnecessary' pictures (and associated text). I have been told I talk too much...

Make the full size EE3 and rotate your props from storage periodically:)

Got some gun-blue and some aluminium-black to finally try colouring my gold-plated Mauser.
I think a 'Greedo killer' is on the cards!

what's the gun blue used for? I just got some aluminum black a few weeks ago and played around with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what's the gun blue used for? I just got some aluminum black a few weeks ago and played around with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluing itself is defined as:

Bluing is a passivation process in which steel is partially protected against rust, and is named after the blue-black appearance of the resulting protective finish. True gun bluing is an electrochemical conversion coating resulting from an oxidizing chemical reaction with iron on the surface selectively forming magnetite (Fe3O4), the black oxide of iron. Black oxide provides minimal protection against corrosion, unless also treated with a water-displacing oil to reduce wetting and galvanic action. A distinction can be made between traditional bluing and some other more modern black oxide coatings, although bluing is a subset of black oxide coatings.

That particular method of bluing is called cold blueing. a good explanation is:

There are also methods of cold bluing, which do not require heat. Commercial products are widely sold in small bottles for cold bluing firearms, and these products are primarily used by individual gun owners for implementing small touch-ups to a gun's finish, to prevent a small scratch from becoming a major source of rust on a gun over time. At least one of the cold bluing solutions contains selenium dioxide, to accomplish the bluing. Cold bluing is not particularly resistant to holster wear, nor does it provide a large degree of rust resistance. It does, however, often provide an adequate cosmetic touch-up of a gun's finish when applied and additionally oiled on a regular basis, however, rust bluing small areas will often match and blend better and wear better than any cold bluing process.

I have never used the bottle bluing as I believe it is best effective on steel. Some have using it on metal Denix replicas with mixed results. For example.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=13443

More RPF bluing related links:
bluing a denix site:www.therpf.com

For the most part, the reason why people use/try the bottle bluing is to achieve the blue metal sheen seen on some firearms.

The Aluminum Black creates more of a black matte finish. It has worked well with other metals like brass and the zinc alloy used to make Denix replicas.

I bought both gun-blue and aluminium-black because I'm not sure which will produce the best effect on my DL-44, which is based on a blank firing Marushin with a chrome-plated finish (it was gold-plated over the chrome but I took that off with Brasso).
I know bluing works by converting the surface of steel into oxide but the remaining finish on this gun is chrome-over-copper plating, which is an unknown quantity, so I plan to 'key' the plated surface with a fine brass suede brush and wire wool and then try both finishes on it in an unobtrusive area to see which gives me the best effect. Whichever works best will then be used to cover the whole gun. Hopefully one of these solutions will give a good effect, I also need to use the aluminium black on the parts of that blaster supplied by Solo's Hold which are all milled ali.

Last edited:

thank you guys, I'm going to go read those threads and youtube some videos. i was at work and on my phone so i had alittle time. i appreciate the feed back

My Blaster Builds; EE-3 / E-11 / DDC

That sterling above with a metal scope is going to look amazing! Can't wait to see it finished

Quick test fitting of the final scope rail to check it sits right. The gun in my reference photo has a scope rail which is very low at the front. Wow, those are some big-ass bolt-heads on that M19 scope! I may have to file them down a bit to fit under the rail.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back