Blade Runner / Star Wars mashup - Deckard Saber

userd1402

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OK, so this is a little off-the-wall but I recently had a brain-storm when thg9791 showed an amber acrylic Starlite sink knob which he was having vacuum metalised for use as an OB1 pommel. It reminded me so much of the amber hand grips on Deckard's blaster in Blade Runner it makes me want to join the two universes and create a Star Wars / Blade Runner mashup; Deckard's lightsaber! I already own a full-metal PKD, which I love more than my own children, and to have a matching lightsaber would be fantastic and kinda cool as Harrison Ford already links both movies.

'Hunting rogue replicants in a galaxy far, far away".

Features could include;
* Amber transparent acrylic pommel
* Illuminated "crystal chamber" effect inside the pommel
* Red LEDs in place of Exactra bubbles
* Green LEDs in place of the two "transistors" on the Graflex clamp band
* Black painted cooling fins - like the PKD magazine
* "Graflex" stamping on clamp band replaced with serial number "B-26354"
* Steyr logo on the chromed pommel-end (they would still built in Austria of course)
* Blued gun-metal finish on the grenade frag-body like the finish on the PKD upper receiver
* Satin polished alloy finish on wind-vane and emitter with amber glow-down from the blade emitter
* Amber illuminated blade
* The controversial 'white wires' from the filming prop blaster as a nod for those in-the-know

I know there will be plenty of helpful suggestions for design, layout and function from fellow rpf'ers, and so that's what I'm doing now; asking for all your input. Here's a quick 'n' dirty photoshop mock-up of the effect I'm going for;

Deckard-Saber.jpg

Now all I need to do is learn to use a 3D rendering programme to create a photo-realistic final piece...

Deckard-Saber.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You love an inanimate object more than your own children....:lol......seriously, I'm sure your 'mash up' will be popular...but IMHO...it's so abstract, it really makes no sense to me...:facepalm...good luck with your build..thing...something.

That will be different and you may start a trend? I will watch with interest what you come up with.

I am no artist and did this with windows paint so very basic but you get the idea of my interpretation
keeping a part of the PKD almost intact...

Deckard-Saber11.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back