Kylo Ren Helmet Finished Pics on Post #26

blastmaster

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So after looking and looking for a good Kylo Helmet I went with a TheRocketeer, Kylo Helmet, great helmet but I had plans for it, I started by doing some grinding on the dome , putting the recessed areas in and removing the lines that aren't there. When I was close to happy I had it Vacu Metalized, (Plated), I wanted it Chrome, so easy to dull it down but I can not come up with a solid way to get the chrome look, With a Chrome spray as soon as you touch it or clear coat it, it dulls down, any way I went with it, So here are some pictures from start to where I am today, also after I had it Plated it got nice and heavy feels like a substantial helmet. I also Flattened out the Rib Lines just a bit, I don't believe the screen helmet's lines are raised but I like that look a lot!!!
IMG_2106.JPGIMG_2107.JPGIMG_2109.JPGIMG_2110.JPGIMG_2112.JPGIMG_2111.JPG

Last edited:
Re: Star Wars TFA Kylo Ren Helmet

That looks SOO Good can't wait to see it finished!!

~ I Athena I

Last edited by a moderator:

Pictures of painting and I'll post a few of it close to finished after my daughter responds again!!! LOL!!!!
I used a Satin Pro Rustolium and and a Slight texture on the front front, and a Flat on the back of the front with a quick satin clear coat!
Painting 1.JPGPainting 2.JPGPainting front.JPG

:thumbsup YAY!!!! AWESOME!

~ I Athena I

Ok and Here it is so far, really happy at this point, we have seen the film about 10 times already and are going again tomorrow!!!!!! We are going to be starting soft parts for my Kylo and my Daughter HannaH's Rey costume since she sews, so excited, since she is getting to big to troop with us in her Ewok or Jawa, there is a character she is close to perfect for!!!!!
Here is the helmet with tape removed still a ways to go!!!!!
Finished 1.JPGFinished 2.JPGFinished 3.JPGFinished 4.JPGFinished 5.JPGFinished 6.JPGFinished 7.JPGFinished front 1.JPGFinished front 2.JPGFinished 8.JPG

Finished 1.JPG

Finished 2.JPG

Finished 3.JPG

Finished 4.JPG

Finished 5.JPG

Finished 6.JPG

Finished 7.JPG

Finished front 1.JPG

Finished front 2.JPG

Finished 8.JPG

That's my Dad! It looks so good!! Can't wait to put it together!

~ I Athena I

Looks great Al!

Thanks so Much Guys!!!!!
AL

When you making one for me? :lol

Lets go But the Vacumetalizing alone was $750.00, I know what a hit but it made the helmet feel substantial like metal and it is awesome quality plating!!!!!
Thanks for the compliment!!!!!!
AL

Lets go But the Vacumetalizing alone was $750.00, I know what a hit but it made the helmet feel substantial like metal and it is awesome quality plating!!!!!
Thanks for the compliment!!!!!!
AL
How much heavier is the helmet after plating? It looks amazing! I bet it was a little sad painting it.

Lets go But the Vacumetalizing alone was $750.00
AL

$750?! That is insane...I am getting mine vacuum metalized in here MI (probably in aluminum...maybe chrome) for $125.
The helmet looks awesome though! Vacumetalizing is definitely a great way to go IMO

How much heavier is the helmet after plating? It looks amazing! I bet it was a little sad painting it.

After Plating my helmet comes in at 3.25 LBS, Not too heavy but heavy enough to feel substantial!!!

- - - Updated - - -

$750?! That is insane...I am getting mine vacuum metalized in here MI (probably in aluminum...maybe chrome) for $125.
The helmet looks awesome though! Vacumetalizing is definitely a great way to go IMO

I know so glad I didn't have to pay for it...........
Your going to love love it!!!!
AL

haha, how did you manage that one? that is even better! but I am pretty excited about it. Again, wonderful job on the helmet!
Thanks for the compliments!!!!!
I'd rather not say. what I did...... Maybe in private,Ha, Can't wait to see your helmet post up some pics when you get it, Hey also wanted to let you and anyone else checking out this thread the I found some awesome fabric I'm going to use for my Kylo outer robe and hood, and I have about 15 extra yards I'm selling here is the Link: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=255009 here are a couple of pictures, cost is $35 a yard and that includes me dyeing it.
I have looked everywhere, and I don't want to wait till May for that run in hope I like it, check it out!!
KR Fabric 8.JPGKR Fabric 4.jpgKR Fabric 5.jpgKR Fabric 1.JPGKR Fabric 2.JPG

that is a beautiful looking fabric. I have all the patterns ready to sew it and the under tunic completed so let me check and see how much fabric i would need. Good find, my friend.

Hi, I'm really interested in either making myself a Ren helmet like this, or purchasing a nice one from a maker somewhere. So much so that I decided to make an account here in order to ask where you got the starting point of your helmet, and if there is a way I could get one to finish up myself. I'm really new to making things and I'm really overwhelmed and don't know where to start! So any advice, tips, and the like would be very much appreciated!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back