Newb Question: Does Screen Accurate Pleated Fabric Exist?

MagusDave

To be honest it doesn't have to be 100% (not looking to join the 501st or anything; just fun). I found some fabric that had 1/2" pleats that looks pretty good, but I want the real thing, you know? I'm not too good with the sewing machine, so hand sewing the pleats would probably result with me chopping the sewing machine in half with a saber. So if you guys and gals have found some good pleated material, please share. Thanks a bunch.

There are businesses called 'pleating services' that will pleat your fabric for you, or they can source the fabric, pleat and send it to you. The problem is that their goal is to give you perfect pleats, and the costume pleats seem to have a very slight variation from pleat to pleat.

Another option is to just buy ready-made. Xcoser is producing the pleated inner tunic now. ebay search for 'kylo ren inner tunic' will bring it up. Ebay sellers are doing custom size too.

s-l1600.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back