Warning to avoid business with Alfred Alfie Norris

RedWingsfan81

Its been over 18 months since I ordered a spider-man suit and face shell from him, and never received anything. I last posted about this in August, but have not posted anything since, in order to give him a chance to rectify the situation. However, he just went back to his usual pattern of no communication, no updates, and no product. In fact he has already seen an identical post I made in several Facebook costuming groups, and has not attempted to respond in any way.

I ordered the costume in May of 2014, and paid in full ($915) a few weeks later. Based on his timeframe (2-3 months), I should have had it in September of 2014. After 3 months with no updates, I asked him at the beginning of September 2014 what the status was. First he claimed that he just needed to finish up the shoes, and that it would be a couple weeks. Two months passed with nothing, so I asked him again in November. He gave the same excuse about the shoes. When I pressed him a few months later, he said that just needed to finish up a zipper. He's also lied saying he would be "shipping it out next week" at least 6 times. Each time, only after I pressed him for an update.Then there's the only update photo he sent me. Which had a superman costume in it, the spidey suit was folded up, and didn't have the raised spider I paid extra for. It turns out, that he sent the same photo to another person who ordered a superman costume and never received it. Others have also reported him sending the same "update" photos to multiple customers.

I posted about this 3 months ago, because he stopped responding to my messages; just as others have reported. Only after I outed him, did he contact me. First, he couldn't give a timeline for completion, which proves all his previous "updates" were lies. But he also had audacity to play the victim... saying that I attacked him. That he was trying to make things right, while I was "spitting in his face." This is also something which has been reported by others. He actually tried to portray himself as the victim of those he rips off.

There are similar stories about him in other costume groups, his old ebay reviews, from people I've met at cons, etc... I have screen shots and PDF's of conversations with others, his eBay reviews, and other group threads about him. Some threads here on the PF go back to 2010... so this isn't a case of falling behind or taking one too many commissions. He's frequently re-branded himself because he's been banned from numerous sites and communities. He deliberately tries to deal in check or money order, and avoids using paypal whenever possible... obviously so people cannot get their money back when he fails to deliver. For example, one couple I talked to, claimed that Alfred lied to them until the deadline for filing a paypal dispute had passed... and then stopped replying.

They all say the same things. He doesn't communicate, doesn't give updates without being pressured first; and when he does, they are false. He's either extreme late, doesn't deliver as promised, or doesn't deliver at all. I'm out over $900 and 18 months where I could have gotten and used a costume from someone else. So at this point the suit is useless to me... I just want my money back. However, he apparently never gives refunds when he does not deliver as promised or at all. All I can do now is warn others... and maybe someone will see this and avoid being ripped off by him like many others have already been.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is a major issue with other cosplayers as well, I'm sure you can do something about it. If you have all the contact on record and in writing of him providing you with a service and not giving you the product after you paid in full, you can definitely go after him.
Where does he operate out of? Is there some way you can get your bank statements and tell them it was fraud? Open an investigation?

Alfred Alfie Norris
(334) 264-4000 place of work, ask for Alfred (obviously).
516 S Perry St, Montgomery, AL 36104
(334) 649-7105 is another phone number for him.

If this is the same guy, which pretty sure is I'd definitely do some homework into getting this guy prosecuted. I'd call his work, threaten to expose him to his co-workers, hell, I'd call his local news station and tell them the story of a local lawyer ripping off $900 bucks over a Spiderman costume. IF THIS IS THE SAME GUY THAT RIPPED YOU OFF, I hope you get the suit finally or reimbursed, good luck to you.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back