Target BB8 disposal

reelprops

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I offered my local Targets up to $1,500 for their BB8 display. Every store manager told me they've been given clear instructions on destroying these things and sending proof that is was in fact done. Apparently the Empire (Disney) would rather see them broken into a million pieces. [emoji20]

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I have heard, many of them never made it to the floor. (straight into private collections)

I'm trying to buy the one at the store I work at.
If the previous manager was still there I could have gotten it for free.

From what I have heard, many of them never made it to the floor. (straight into private collections)

I'm trying to buy the one at the store I work at.

Every Target in the NYC area has one. I know, I hit up just about every one of them looking for a Boba helmet. If they're in private collections, they are lucky.

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if Target would be agreeable to auctioning them off to raise money for charity? Like the Make a Wish foundation?
Someone should propose that to them.

Company policy is throw everything away unless the maker wants it back, this includes furniture all the way to standees and posters.

However some managers do give out displays.
The previous manager of my store even had a few in his office.
Current manager, no.
I still haven't had a chance to see if she asked her boss if it was ok for me to buy it.

That's to bad, Disney really is mishandling this franchise over many fronts. lets hope the movies fit in with what is already there, to me it just doesn't look or feel like episodes 1-6 and that could be good or bad.. In the end Lets hope they realize episodes 7 8 and 9 are a finale to the 3 act play!

SOOOOO any RPF Members want to go "FREE" these works of art from getting destroyed? I have a screwdriver that will do the job lol

I was just eyeing one of these at my local Target a few minutes ago. It was surrounded by DO NOT TOUCH DISPLAY signs. Yeah... I touched it. Very much wanted to grab it and run too. :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back