Target BB8 disposal

Game companies do this too, nintendo was notorious for making stores destroy any promo stuff that wasn't given away for preorders or even hats and that to be worn in the stores. It's why everyone tries to make friends with gamestop folks now and why a lot of older displays cost a fortune online. Disney's just being blind about it.

That's to bad, Disney really is mishandling this franchise over many fronts. lets hope the movies fit in with what is already there, to me it just doesn't look or feel like episodes 1-6 and that could be good or bad.. In the end Lets hope they realize episodes 7 8 and 9 are a finale to the 3 act play!

Episodes 1-3 look nothing like 4-6. The trailers for this new film have a lot more visually in common with the original trilogy than the prequels so I have more faith. As long as Disney handles the FILMS well I couldn't care less about how they handle the merchandising and store displays.

Talked to the store manager, who talked to the district manager and was told no do to possible problems with "the mouse".
Even after that I got a nod and wink reaction about after it leaves the floor what happens to it depends on Plano. (the people that set up the displays)

There was also no letter or email on proof of destruction.

- - - Updated - - -

Saw the inside of it last week as it was being repaired.
Has a huge bank of batteries inside.

More often than not the managers will give their diatribe about not being able to give it away, blah blah blah.... Because it is a hot item.
If it were an item that didn't have tons of people asking for it, they would probably say yes to the one person who asked. But... Given the popularity, I bet that manager said no because they already have it in their mind that it will be going home with them for either:
1. To sell online
2. To give to their kid

Company policy is throw everything away unless the maker wants it back, this includes furniture all the way to standees and posters.

However some managers do give out displays.
The previous manager of my store even had a few in his office.
Current manager, no.
I still haven't had a chance to see if she asked her boss if it was ok for me to buy it.

Yes The Stores will have a private logistics firm pick up and transport these to a local dump! I used to do this for Hilfiger and other high end stores... if you happen to know the delivery service or happen upon one, these people will have no issues selling one off the truck, if you know the company the owners are usually quick to say yes to fast cash that also saves them the cost of weight at the dump. however if an employee wants this they will drop it to his home enroute to the dump... been there done that! but I don't work in the field any further I wish I did!

I walked up to an employee at my local Target the other day, explaining I needed to remove the BB-8 from the store as there were reports of people hiding explosives in them. The employee didn't even blink, and said to go ahead and take it ...

The uniform I was wearing probably didn't hurt ...

I walked up to an employee at my local Target the other day, explaining I needed to remove the BB-8 from the store as there were reports of people hiding explosives in them. The employee didn't even blink, and said to go ahead and take it ...

The uniform I was wearing probably didn't hurt ...

2907918-4887090489-27424.jpg

for those who have went and asked the manager have they gave any sort of date on when they will be destroyed?

I have been eye balling the one at my local target, luckily my girlfriend used to work there so she is cool with everyone and we are trying to see if we can take it home with us when they decide to toss it away.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back