M.A.S.K. Matt Trakker costume and masks

Orlock

Some of you might remember the TV show and the toys...M.A.S.K. It was a big part of my childhood in the 80s (besides Star Wars of course) and i just recently rediscovered my old toys in the basement. I immediatly fell in love with it...again.
And with all i have learned here in the RPF i was able to to make a costume and some masks from the show...and i want to build a lot more...
Hope you enjoy!

Trakker 1.jpg
Matt Trakker costume
Masks.jpg
Spectrum, Viper and Whip masks; all made of EVA foam
Lifter.jpg
Bruce Satos Lifter mask work in progress next to Spectrum

Last edited:
I LOVE this! I have been discussing MASK with friends ad infinitum. How is it there is still no live action movie, or even a cartoon reboot of this show! It has such great ideas (and soundtrack!)

Your helmets look great. The suit however looks a little oversized...? I'd really like to see some WIP pics for the helmets.

iDD

Awesome initiative ! I remember watching this show and many others on the Saturday morning with my brother,as well as playing hours and hours with toys from the show.
Thank you for sharing !

Those are fantastic! MASK was a terrific toy and cartoon. I love your collect of masks. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see Hocus Pocus finished.

This is awesome work. I loved these toys as a kid.

I LOVE this! I have been discussing MASK with friends ad infinitum. How is it there is still no live action movie, or even a cartoon reboot of this show! It has such great ideas (and soundtrack!)

Your helmets look great. The suit however looks a little oversized...? I'd really like to see some WIP pics for the helmets.

iDD

I read an article about a rumor that Matt Trakker will be in the third GI Joe movie.

Holy crap, dude - this is AMAZING. I desperately wanted to build these buckets when I was a kid. Wanted to use ACTUAL buckets!

Edited to add: I have been working on a rough treatment (that's been kicking around in my head a couple years) for this as a live action movie...

Now this is a blast from my past! I have the entire series on my hard drive and watch it periodically. After seeing your art here I will be watching this week to see just how great your work truly is. I wish I could have these masks in my office, and who knows, in time I might even be able to make these as well. Keep up the great work and keep us posted with progress.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back