Kylo Ren Costume base

Im 5'11 204lbs and i got the large. It fits right. The bottom just touches the ground. I dont think the medium would work for you, large at least.

On eBay, XCoser has what they call an "updated" version of their costume. I don't know anything about the general quality but in the photos, the outer tunic/hood/scarf material looks quite a lot like the proper basketweave material. In contrast to that, the Costumebase material looks a lot shinier and less correct from the photos and videos I have seen. Is it as shiny in reality? Also, as you say, the XCoser inner tunic seems more like the real thing, with pleats down the body as well.

So, does anyone have any experience with the XCoser costume, perhaps even the so-called "updated" version? Any idea of the general level of quality provided by XCoser compared to Costumebase (I have no experience with either)?

Also, for owners of the Costumebase costume, a question about sizing: I am a 40" chest but 6'3" tall. In terms of width, it sounds like I should go with a Medium, but I am reasonably sure that's going to be much too short on me (total length of tunics, and sleeve length of the inner tunic). I guess I could go for a Large or XL, but I fear I would have to take them in quite a lot to get a good fit. So, any comments on the length of the costume would be appreciated!

Right now I'm thinking about buying the Xcoser costume, and the CB belt (and maybe gloves).

Is the updated one the costume that looks like there might be specks of "shinny" in some places?

Is the updated one the costume that looks like there might be specks of "shinny" in some places?
No, the updated one is the one where the outer layer is shown looking like this:

xcoser1.jpg

It's not the proper basketweave pattern, of course, but to me it looks a bit better than the more chequered, shiny pattern of the CB costume.

Of course, I am only basing this on photos - I would love to hear from someone who has seen it for real!

Those pics in the store are great, LOL. I like the Chewie photo bomb. Seems to me that the Black Series helmet has a shorter mouth guard?

I think the XCOSER costume looks pretty good for now. I'm looking to put this costume on display in the office

I just ordered one. Couldn't resist for less than $500 for the costume, Black helmet, and Force FX for a pretty decent costume. Going to use Batman boots for a while lol.

I'm still looking to buy boots and new gloves, but I purchased the Xcoser costume a few days ago. I might purchase the CB belt though, as it looks like a slight upgrade...

So I am curious as to which Xcoser Ren costume is better and what edit requests to make with it because I am thinking of buying one but I can't tell if the "Updated Version" is better than the normal Kylo Ren costume they have.

Totally would have got the xcoser if the weave fabric didn't look too thin. The mid coat looks really nice. I do think the costumebase belt looks better.

The Costumebase is a great start, however it does need upgrading. I want to have the outer tunic/hood done with proper fabric.

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I am curious as to which Xcoser Ren costume is better and what edit requests to make with it because I am thinking of buying one but I can't tell if the "Updated Version" is better than the normal Kylo Ren costume they have.

I've been speaking with them and they accept suggestions to make a new version of the costume.

I told them to add a mid coat and a bigger hood and they said they will.

I think you can just send them a direct message on FB or email them about the hood material and they'll improve it.

Can anyone who has this costume please tell me the measurements of the "scarf " Part of the costume? It just seems a little short to me.

image.jpgI got my costumebase suit last week. This costume looks great for being less than $500 for everything. I am considering some serious upgrades though.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back