Batman cowl from batman arkham knight with mechanism.

Have any of you guys seen how it separates? I noticed some pieces move when he takes it off when first going into the cell in the game in the JL 3000 skin, but I think it's the same for the regular suit for the game. I can try to get some video of it or something, but I got jumpy with the share button and lost the replay when I saw it the first time hahaha.

google batman arkham knight hush side mission ,it hasreally nice footage of the seperation

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHey

guys ,so Iwent ahead and got some stuff that will be delivered from ebay.so yeah i ordered 5 14mm thick dc motors.(the thicker the more the mask has to bulge off my head)and i also got a black morph mask to hold all the pieces of the mask on,and i went ahead and ordered a bunch of miscellaneous spur gears racks and pulleys.

For some reason i keep on changing my mind about the mechanism.but this plan is my final one.
i'd like to thank frentaken for helping me with this idea.i will be using stepper motor actuators.this plan is by far the easisest and most efficient.

as u can see in the pic below the stepper motor actuator has a track which when something is place on it once it is turning it will make the object go one side or the other
image.jpg

Do any of u guys no if i can power several stepper motor driver boards with one battery? As in connecting all the positive wires to the positive terminal and all the negative wires to the negative terminalof only one battery.do i have to have a separate battery to power each board.

or let alone that,can i use a battery with an arduino or driver board or does it have to be an ac to dc power supply?

Do any of u guys no if i can power several stepper motor driver boards with one battery? As in connecting all the positive wires to the positive terminal and all the negative wires to the negative terminalof only one battery.do i have to have a separate battery to power each board.

or let alone that,can i use a battery with an arduino or driver board or does it have to be an ac to dc power supply?

If you get the data sheet for your stepper motors, you can find out what your full load current draw is on them. this will dictate how many batteries you need when you have decided on how many motors are required etc. post the detail here and Im sure someone can help.

If you get the data sheet for your stepper motors, you can find out what your full load current draw is on them. this will dictate how many batteries you need when you have decided on how many motors are required etc. post the detail here and Im sure someone can help.

Thanks for answering,the number of motors i am using is 7 and i dont exactly get what you mean by full load current draw

If you can access the data sheet for the motor, post a picture of it, or if its online, post it here. Basically you are looking for the amount of electricity that the motor draws when it is continuously running - then you will need the data sheet for the battery that you want to use, and figure out how many motors one battery can handle.

If you can access the data sheet for the motor, post a picture of it, or if its online, post it here. Basically you are looking for the amount of electricity that the motor draws when it is continuously running - then you will need the data sheet for the battery that you want to use, and figure out how many motors one battery can handle.

Thanks i will post a pic of the site. And see if i can find something,by the way i sent you a message but you dont need to care about that

Hi, I have only limited experience with steppers but just something to watch out for. Some controllers work by grounding the stepper coils, like in a darlington pair, as in all the coils are energised and rotation happens by de-energising coils in sequence. Naturally this is not what you want as it will drain the battery and heat up the motor even when it is not running.You will hear a hum off the motor because it is essentially stalled between coils, in some systems this can help with accuracy as it acts like a brake and helps prevent overrun or missed steps. Best of luck with the build.

Last edited:
Hi, I have only limited experience with steppers but just something to watch out for. Some controllers work by grounding the stepper coils, like in a darlington pair, as in all the coils are energised and rotation happens by de-energising coils in sequence. Naturally this is not what you want as it will drain the battery and heat up the motor even when it is not running.

Thanks alot,i'll see if my stepper controller uses the energizing coils thing you are talking about

Hey,just wanted to ask a quick question: so im going to be molding the back and front of my head with plaster cloth,for the back do u guys know if a mirror at the front and back of my head would let me see the back of my head so i place the plaster strips more accurately?

Whoa! You plan to do it yourself!? BIG mistake! You definitely need someone else there with you. I've had my wife do both of mine.

Whoa! You plan to do it yourself!? BIG mistake! You definitely need someone else there with you. I've had my wife do both of mine.

thanks for telling me but if you have time search up ' alex the movie geek' on youtube and then go to his channel ,and you should find one of his videos on how to make a latex batman cowl.he molds the front and back of his head with plaster strips and has no problem doing it by himself.and besides i've molded the front of my face with plaster strips 3 times before.and i've molded the back of my head with plaster strips 1 time before.my only problem with that was trying to see where i havent put enough plaster strips.

Last edited:
I have seen that video before. When I did mine, I did past my shoulders. I was sculpting a full cowl. Plus it's just safer having someone else there. But if you feel you can do it yourself, by all means, proceed. Good luck

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back