Batman cowl from batman arkham knight with mechanism.

I wish i could do past my shoulders ,because i love silicone mask making.and for silicone masks it is good to have it below the shoulders.but when i made the other head molds it was only to the neck.which isn't very hard to do by yourself

Hey guys,this morning i was taking apart an old electronic children's spiderman mask and i found a really cool plastic forehead/top of head piece.and then i got an idea: to use this piece as a base for my batman forehead piece,the only thing i have to do now is sand off the pieces on top

the red thing is what im talking about not the latex azog mask underneath,please press on the pictures to see them right side up,i dont know why the picture uploader made them upside down

image.jpgimage.jpg

Hey guys,this morning i was taking apart an old electronic children's spiderman mask and i found a really cool plastic forehead/top of head piece.and then i got an idea: to use this piece as a base for my batman forehead piece,the only thing i have to do now is sand off the pieces on top

the red thing is what im talking about not the latex azog mask underneath,please press on the pictures to see them right side up,i dont know why the picture uploader made them upside down

View attachment 527508View attachment 527509
It sort of reminds me of the tech cowl from Batman v Superman

I dont know why the pictures still aren't working.one last try,here is a picture of all the separate sculpted pieces.the piece with the two horns cracked in half and as you can see two of the back pieces did too,that's why i sculpted them with
polymorph friendly plastic.
WORK - WIN_20150925_101023.JPG:(all the other pictures don't work, tomorrow i'll try to post pictures of the silicone molding part.

Last edited:
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
I went ahead and molded a few other pieces and also made an ultracal mothermold.If you check my 'wed clay disaster' thread.you can see that the piece with the two horns cracked in half when i over wet it.i've since made a new one as you can see in the 4th pic of this post.i sprayed ll the pieces with hairspray to seal everything from cracking.
it appears what i predicted became true.i ran out of silicone.But i think its my fault.because i used way two much silicone for the back piece,instead of making a jacket and a mothermold like the other pieces.

I think i might not paint my batman mask when its done because,the epoxy is clear,and if i dont paint it the electronics will be seen from under the pieces making it look even more awesome.

I just molded another piece and i have learnt a few lessons and new things.

1.dont expect to get the pot life its says on the box on a really hot day.
2.when silicone is at its gel point it will not stick to a different layer of silicone after it dries.

here's where im at in terms of molding,and although it's pretty darn obvious,imma say it anyway.'the pieces that aren't pink and dont look like silicone are the pieces that are yet to be molded. image.jpeg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back