Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

They should just have a conversation between Imperial Officers (in any of the new OT movies) where they are discussing a fellow officer's promotion.

Imp1: Hey did you hear that Bob got promoted and shipped off to some super secret project for Grand Moff Tarkin?
Imp2: No, good pay though?
Imp1: Oh, he's set for a long time with this job.
Imp2: Lucky guy.

:lol

Then to Bob mopping floors on the DS. Cut to death star explosion and willhelm scream :lol

No. That is as bad as Palpatine 'we shall watch your career with great interest' or OWK 'why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me'

Agreed, that Obi Wan line was cringe-worthy. But I dunno, I kinda like Palps' line. It seemed very natural and plausible to me, that he'd say that to young Ani.

The Wook

Agreed, that Obi Wan line was cringe-worthy. But I dunno, I kinda like Palps' line. It seemed very natural and plausible to me, that he'd say that to young Ani.

The Wook

.........whilst trying hard not to wink at the camera?
One of the many problems of the PT and new movies is that they are self aware.

.........whilst trying hard not to wink at the camera?
One of the many problems of the PT and new movies is that they are self aware.

They're prequels. Some things are going to be said that augur future outcomes. It is unavoidable.

If that turns out to be the real name, I feel as if they've hamstrung themselves a little with carrying on using 'A Star Wars Story' as a subtitle and then using a bland main title like that.

You don't need 'Han Solo' and 'A Star Wars Story' for brand awareness. Rogue One as a name didn't bear any relation to an established Star Wars character (you're average cinema goer probably hasn't heard of Rogue Squadron).

Given that it's a Han Solo movie written by Kasdan they could have gone for more of a cool Raiders of the Lost Ark kind of title and kept the ASWS subtitle, or riff off something similar to the Daley novel titles ('Han Solo...') and drop the 'Star Wars Story'.

Guys, the title isn't real. It's a place-holder. It says so right on the image itself, and is reiterated about 30 seconds into the video on the linked page.

The Wook

I can agree with both of you. I thought they were cringe-worthy, but also seemed to fit. I'm pretty sure a lot of kids have been told by their parents that they'd be the death of them.

"Han Solo: Hey - It's Me"

han-solo-hey-its-me.gif

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back