Subscribe
    From
    MN, United States
    6 Days Ago  Feb 12, 2018, 12:46 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3951

I really hope they don't let AE talk too much. He's already distracting enough in appearance, but he doesn't sound remotely like Han, either. I can possibly eventually get past how he looks absolutely nothing like Ford, but if I have to look at him while he talks I'll have to mentally check out.
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    5 Days Ago  Feb 12, 2018, 4:41 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3952

How the Kasdan's became involved with Solo, surprise, it pre dates the Disney acquisition, and their film inspirations.

http://ew.com/movies/2018/02/12/solo...ry-influences/
  3. RPF Premium Member CessnaDriver's Avatar
    5 Days Ago  Feb 12, 2018, 6:23 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3953

The character in SW77 he is the experienced jaded veteran, he's been "out there", to balance against the na´ve farm boy Luke, that is a big part of what made him so cool.
    Now he will be not so experienced in this right? Christ he is almost another Luke talking about joining to learn to be the best pilot, yadda yadda.
    Is that not removing a major cool ingredient to the character?
    From
    Somewhere on the Salish Sea
    5 Days Ago  Feb 12, 2018, 6:29 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3954

Regarding the whole casting thing. I will reference Marvel replacing Terence Howard with Don Cheadle:

"It's me. I'm here. Deal with it."

Anyway. Going back to something mentioned some pages back...

Jaitea said: View Post
    Hey.....I don't know if Hunk a Junk mentioned it or sparked my train of thought regarding the front 2 landing gears......

Well,....the gear boxes are quite big.....
    .http://www.candykiller.com/mfbuild/underside.jpg

Han is a smuggler.....would you stash something in a cargo hold?

in SW (ANH)....we know Han jettisoned Jabba's cargo at the first sign of an Imperial check point....

What if he jettisoned the gar boxes full of pruck?

So by ESB he's using his reward money to put the Falcon right again

.......????

J
    I could get behind that in a heartbeat if it weren't for the fact that those forward-ventral equipment bays got moved to make room for the additional landing gear when they modified the model for ESB, as the diagram you made and posted in the Bandai thread shows so well. That and the exhaust streaks are the only things I can't easily reconcile about this version of the Falcon.

--Jonah
    5 Days Ago  Feb 12, 2018, 6:58 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3955

joshvanrad said: View Post
    I really hope they don't let AE talk too much. He's already distracting enough in appearance, but he doesn't sound remotely like Han, either. I can possibly eventually get past how he looks absolutely nothing like Ford, but if I have to look at him while he talks I'll have to mentally check out.
    Would be nice if it was like Gosling in Drive, where he was the main character but his actions/driving spoke waaay more than his words
    From
    Northern Ireland
    5 Days Ago  Feb 12, 2018, 7:21 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3956

Inquisitor Peregrinus said: View Post
    Regarding the whole casting thing. I will reference Marvel replacing Terence Howard with Don Cheadle:

https://thefilmgeekblog.files.wordpr...ap-1091852.jpg

Anyway. Going back to something mentioned some pages back...

I could get behind that in a heartbeat if it weren't for the fact that those forward-ventral equipment bays got moved to make room for the additional landing gear when they modified the model for ESB, as the diagram you made and posted in the Bandai thread shows so well. That and the exhaust streaks are the only things I can't easily reconcile about this version of the Falcon.

--Jonah
    Ha,...it works for me because I don't get into too much of all the technical stuff

J
    From
    Somewhere on the Salish Sea
    5 Days Ago  Feb 12, 2018, 7:52 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3957

Jaitea said: View Post
    Ha,...it works for me because I don't get into too much of all the technical stuff
    If only ILM had just had the gear box overlap the original pits, with the sidewalls projecting down into them. Nice implication that the stuff in those bays had something to do with whatever was inside the gearboxes. But then that leaves the issue of how much does the landing gear compact when it retracts? There have to be hull cutouts for the machinery, shock-absorbers, gear mountings, etc. Not the uninterrupted hull the ANH Falcon had. When people actually think about this "technical stuff", we the fans don't have to bang our heads against it.

I wish I wish I wish the ship was modular enough the presence or absence of the two additional front landing gear mounts was as simple as adding a roof rack to one's car. Then their presence on the ship in its configuration in Solo wouldn't be at all an issue. I'd still prefer if the Falcon (or, rather, the Stellar Envoy) started out without them and Han ended up adding salvaged units from a scrapyard to reinforce the gear on his ship what with all the punishment the Falcon endured. As others have mentioned, not having them present on the ship in Solo would accentuate the streamlined appearance of the ship we're seeing.

--Jonah
    5 Days Ago  Feb 12, 2018, 8:47 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3958

Bryancd said: View Post
    How the Kasdan's became involved with Solo, surprise, it pre dates the Disney acquisition, and their film inspirations.

"renaissance of galactic storytelling" rather a stretch with that comment or is this meant to be the funniest article about Star Wars.
    From
    Miamisburg, OH (near Dayton)
    5 Days Ago  Feb 12, 2018, 9:55 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3959

Bryancd said: View Post

Is he calling his dad Larry in there? I can't stand people that call their parents by their first names!

Inquisitor Peregrinus said: View Post

https://thefilmgeekblog.files.wordpr...ap-1091852.jpg
    --Jonah
    I liked Don Cheadle way more than TH.
    From
    Pacific NW
    5 Days Ago  Feb 12, 2018, 11:04 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3960

every time i go to that site, it tries to force me to watch their video...twice. then i have to click again when they try to impose a special offer. must be my settings.
  11. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    From
    Terra Australis
    5 Days Ago  Feb 13, 2018, 3:57 AM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3961

Why are we getting all this stuff about George Lucas being pushed out prior to the release of this movie?

A set visit is suddenly turned into a whole GL directed a small scene thing, then a whole new spin about Solo beings GL`s idea. What a set up in the making. For all we know this was just a thought bubble to Lucas and nothing more. Watch out George, damage control is real and the bus is getting warmed up.
    5 Days Ago  Feb 13, 2018, 4:49 AM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3962

From
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    5 Days Ago  Feb 13, 2018, 6:10 AM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3963

Mr Webber said: View Post
    Why are we getting all this stuff about George Lucas being pushed out prior to the release of this movie?

A set visit is suddenly turned into a whole GL directed a small scene thing, then a whole new spin about Solo beings GL`s idea. What a set up in the making. For all we know this was just a thought bubble to Lucas and nothing more. Watch out George, damage control is real and the bus is getting warmed up.
    It is disgusting the way they will use anyone or anything to sell their schit products. They kicked George to the curb after the purchase five years ago, but now have welcomed him back into the family in an attempt to generate fan interest in the steaming pile of crap they're putting on sale the last Friday in May.

Their cynicism knows no bounds.

The Wook
  14. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    From
    Terra Australis
    5 Days Ago  Feb 13, 2018, 6:25 AM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3964

The Wook said: View Post
    It is disgusting the way they will use anyone or anything to sell their schit products. They kicked George to the curb after the purchase five years ago, but now have welcomed him back into the family in an attempt to generate fan interest in the steaming pile of crap they're putting on sale the last Friday in May.

Their cynicism knows no bounds.

The Wook
    The way they play the game is far more sinister than anything the Empire would come up with, on one hand they use his name to sell their garbage and at the same time have the same name ready to throw under the bus if and when it all turns to ash. "Well George played a part in it and it was George`s idea in the first place so blame him"

Its obvious that the Lucas layout for TLJ was nothing like the end result as the shill`s would have screamed it out long ago.
  15. RPF Premium Member SpyderDan's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    5 Days Ago  Feb 13, 2018, 11:42 AM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3965

And now George is supposedly scouting locations for the Kenobi movie as well:

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/e...-36591457.html
    5 Days Ago  Feb 13, 2018, 11:48 AM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3966

Arnold is cast in each Terminator to show an original member of the original film was involved. Which doesnt really turn the tide on whether the film does good or not, as we seen in each new Terminator film. Having Lucas nearby doesnt mean it will make, or break, the movie. They think it helps the brand, but it really makes no difference quality-wise. WB recently allowed a fanmade Voldemort origins movie to be distributed under them, but its still a crap fanmade movie!
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    5 Days Ago  Feb 13, 2018, 11:57 AM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3967

JLeezy23 said: View Post
    Arnold is cast in each Terminator to show an original member of the original film was involved. Which doesnt really turn the tide on whether the film does good or not, as we seen in each new Terminator film. Having Lucas nearby doesnt mean it will make, or break, the movie. They think it helps the brand, but it really makes no difference quality-wise. WB recently allowed a fanmade Voldemort origins movie to be distributed under them, but its still a crap fanmade movie!
    Any involvement of George with these films seems at best to be a friendly relationship he has with people like Ron Howard and Gareth Edwards. We only learn about it after the fact from people who were there. I don’t see LF or Disney doing press releases every time George shows up on a SW set to try and leverage that. I think it’s neat George may have had suggestions for Howard in a specific scene. It’s also interesting that Kasdan may have been working on a Solo story back in 2012 but I don’t see it being anything other then that, interesting.
    From
    Los Angeles
    5 Days Ago  Feb 13, 2018, 12:02 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3968

Nope, sorry Bryan. They invited him to set specifically to throw him under the bus after the movie comes out. That logic is 100% sound and level-headed. It's all an elaborate conspiracy. Also, Hoth is flat. The Death Star was an inside job. There was a second shooter in the Death Star throne room.
    From
    Portland OR
    5 Days Ago  Feb 13, 2018, 1:12 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3969

SethS said: View Post
    Nope, sorry Bryan. They invited him to set specifically to throw him under the bus after the movie comes out. That logic is 100% sound and level-headed. It's all an elaborate conspiracy. Also, Hoth is flat. The Death Star was an inside job. There was a second shooter in the Death Star throne room.
    Also the twin suns are mickey mouse's ears, proven later by the mickey head on the view screen in the Vader/Luke fight scene in Empire.
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    5 Days Ago  Feb 13, 2018, 1:39 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3970

This story is really too vague but the idea that George and Larry may have discussed this project is possible but I don’t think that has any bearing on the upcoming films credibility, be it good or bad. It’s just interesting, everyone stop trying to “spin” it to fit a narrative.

https://heroichollywood.com/george-l...olo-star-wars/
    From
    Northern Ireland
    5 Days Ago  Feb 13, 2018, 1:57 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3971

J
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    5 Days Ago  Feb 13, 2018, 2:09 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3972

SpyderDan said: View Post
    And now George is supposedly scouting locations for the Kenobi movie as well:

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/e...-36591457.html
    This is well and truly fake news.
    From
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    5 Days Ago  Feb 13, 2018, 2:10 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3973

Jaitea, are these real subtitles, or fake? If real, lol, I'd love to see/hear the video! Do you have it?
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    5 Days Ago  Feb 13, 2018, 2:12 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3974

Jaitea, are these real subtitles, or fake? If real, lol, I'd love to see/hear the video! Do you have it?
    Not fake news. I saw it live on the stream. Not surprising considering Harrison’s lack of interest in the character in general.
    From
    Northern Ireland
    5 Days Ago  Feb 13, 2018, 2:39 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #3975

LOL

J