Solo: A Star Wars Story

Metacritic has a user score of 4.5/10. That would be like a 45% score for TLJ on RT. A lot of people just didn't like TLJ, Bryan.

And critics will like anything if you give them favors like opening night passes and bags of swag. Which makes them even more suspect than any audience score.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sExTt4j69zI

And yet here we are. Steele has a very popular podcast and is become a big memeber of the Star Ars new media personalities. He ran a pole with more participants then the one we did in the TLJ thread....The data is all over the place and thus unreliable. In order to draw a conclusion it must follow verifable trends otherwise it becomes suspect and arbitrary.

Attachments

• IMG_0158.PNG
    IMG_0158.PNG
    229.1 KB · Views: 113
...and seriously, why are we discussing Rian's trilogy or TLJ in this thread anyway? How about we revert any of these ancillary conversTions back where they belong. Solo will have its own news soon enough.

And yet here we are. Steele has a very popular podcast and is become a big memeber of the Star Ars new media personalities. He ran a pole with more participants then the one we did in the TLJ thread....The data is all over the place and thus unreliable. In order to draw a conclusion it must follow verifable trends otherwise it becomes suspect and arbitrary.

Not even a sample size of 1000......:lol

Nice cherry-pick, Bryan. Metacritic and RT covers thousands of users.

Again, it's about pleasing everybody...now we even have to please the Chinese:behave Really: it's all about the MONEY, not the story. When you mix politics with StarWars bad things happen!! To tell you the truth, this is the first time in my life that I didn't go to the movie theater to see TLJ...not really interested. Sure, I'll have the DVD to add to the collection, but that's about it. I just don't recognize or feel the characters, the stories, the look etc...

Not even a sample size of 1000......:lol

Nice cherry-pick, Bryan. Metacritic and RT covers thousands of users.

And yet more verifiable sources such as Cinescore actually pole viewers who are leaving the theater to be sure they have seen the film. Those tend to carry more weight then an up/down vote that can be spammed. But regardless, the narrative remains the same. And move any reply back to where it belongs.

And yet more verifiable sources such as Cinescore actually pole viewers who are leaving the theater to be sure they have seen the film. Those tend to carry more weight then an up/down vote that can be spammed. But regardless, the narrative remains the same. And move any reply back to where it belongs.

Cinescore capitalizes on opening night buzz. People don't really get a chance to think about what they saw. Unlike RT or Metacritic where you can actually come up with a fully formed opinion.

And since this can and will apply to Solo as well, I'll just keep it here for now.

Cinescore capitalizes on opening night buzz. People don't really get a chance to think about what they saw. Unlike RT or Metacritic where you can actually come up with a fully formed opinion.

And since this can and will apply to Solo as well, I'll just keep it here for now.
Not only that, but cinescore gets the people as they are leaving the theatre on preview night. Which means that those people are seeing it for free.

Apparently, free tickets always bumps up people's opinion

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Not only that, but cinescore gets the people as they are leaving the theatre on preview night. Which means that those people are seeing it for free.

Apparently, free tickets always bumps up people's opinion

LOL!!! I wasn’t aware saving $12 was a powerful incentive! That’s very sad.

Haven't read any EU, about what Chewy was doing between ROTS and this new Solo. Not really knowledgeable after the Battle of Kashyyyk. Was he just a loner?

Can you be any more of a slack jawed....???? Solo is going to tank, just like all these other garbage films.

Haven't read any EU, about what Chewy was doing between ROTS and this new Solo. Not really knowledgeable after the Battle of Kashyyyk. Was he just a loner?

For years Chewie was a happy-go-lucky wookiee, who enjoyed hanging out in the cantina. You've heard of the heroic and virtuous Luke Skywalker? And you've also heard of the cowardly and homicidal, Jake Skywalker? Well, here is Chewie hangin' with the lush in their family, Luke's older cousin, Mike Skywalker.

GrantsCantinaGig11.jpg

But then when Disney bought Lucasfilm, Chewie was rarely spotted, as he spent all his time hiding from Kathleen Kennedy.

TNS 002ac5.jpg

You know what I'd really love to see? The falcon with a full crew.

I kinda wish the ST featured a bit of a larger cast in that sense. I wanna see two pilots, two gunners and a mechanic.

I wanna see a family aboard that thing

I kinda wish the ST featured a bit of a larger cast in that sense. I wanna see two pilots, two gunners and a mechanic.

Not sure where your going with this, but I like it!! A science officer, a chief engineer, a counselor, helmsman, weird doctor.:lol

J/K, but I agree, there are alot of empty seats on the Falcon/

Edit: We kind of did see that with the OT cast on there.

Last edited:

Not me. A big part of the charm of the Falcon is that it's flown by just a pilot and his wookiee first mate. They're smugglers, and don't trust outsiders. Sure, they're under-manned some of the time, putting them in peril, but that's the world they live in, that's the edge they live on.

The Wook

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back