The Martian Space Suit

Hi all,
I'm a little late to the discussion here, love the work!

I remembered that I took some shots of the helmet at the Arclight theater in Pasadena. Sorry that I couldn't get closer, and I only had my cellphone to take these shots, but hope they're helpful in some degree:

IMAG2720.jpgIMAG2718.jpgIMAG2717.jpgIMAG2716.jpgIMAG2709.jpg

The Helmet was finished in 3d a while ago, FYI that's a promotional helmet made as a give away, not very accurate. Any progress on the Helmet builds from my 3d files?

Sorry for the delay, the model is done , I just need to orient the STL's properly and export for everyone. I haven't heard anything from the people who I gave the original files to to test print, so I'm assuming they are good to go.

Also correct, it is sized for an iPhone5 or 5s.

Woot! Can't wait!

Guys im sorry to hijack this Thread but I felt I should let you know that the people that made this Suit for the Martian movie are actually taking part in the Biker scout helmet Project, so if can be of any assistance please just let me know and I do what I can for you

Here are the .STLS for the Computer files. I haven't had a chance to print then out in this final orientation. There have been some minor tweaks made from my first protos. But I feel confident putting these out. If you guys run into any problems printing it, let me know and I'll see if I can address it.

https://cults3d.com/en/game/the-martian-wrist-computer

Awesome, can't wait to try these too. My printer is not the greatest, but nothing some sanding can't fix. I do like that it is less prints now. Some of those super small ones were hard.

Edit: Printing left and right side now, hopefully comes out ok while I am gone.

Last edited:
Ah, that was an interesting problem. what I ended up doing was pressing aluminum foil into a hexagon vent screen while still supported by the screen I poured plasti dip across the back of the foil. once it set it supported the hexagon bumps, and basically made a flexible metallic sheet.

@Edmanrobot That is brilliant. Love the innovation there. Any example source for the vent screen? Might try that myself.

@sain The new files printed great. My printer always needs lots of sanding, really liking the improved combined version.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back