Jared Leto Joker

Speaking of Javier Bardem, I can scarcely imagine how creepy a Joker he'd make...

javier_joker.jpg

Zack synder is co producer of suicide squad he even tweeted the pic himself so yeah its the same universe.
We should be exited for this, ben is the perfect batman Imo, Jared is a great actor and looking great as the joker and we are going to be seeing killer croc also so I am VERY exited!
This is deja vu everybody hates but when the movie arrives it will be a different story.

Nolan produced Man of Steel and is producing DOJ; I don't think it means much in terms of style or story.

Zack synder is co producer of suicide squad he even tweeted the pic himself so yeah its the same universe.
We should be exited for this, ben is the perfect batman Imo, Jared is a great actor and looking great as the joker and we are going to be seeing killer croc also so I am VERY exited!
This is deja vu everybody hates but when the movie arrives it will be a different story.

This is not the same thing at all. People were worried about Ledger's ability to perform, no one is doubting that Leto is a capable actor, or that his performance will be top notch. No, the problem is that this looks like $#!+. No amount of acting is going to make this look any less like a ridiculous, lowlife gangsta/thug. This will still look like $#!+ even after the movie comes out.

Grill as in teeth or mouth. example "...up in my grill.."

nspogeruh7ibhrax1rvu.jpg

Lil Wayne was specifically referenced and its grill as in "grillz", a popular term for flashy mouth jewelry.

Am I wrong in stating Joker venom is a drug? Pretty sure that toxin is like a narcotic to Joker. Years of exposure would have side effects, immune or not. Again, it all ties into Joker's long history and fleshes out what a character like that would actually look like in this realm. Put Nicholson's Joker next to Henry's Superman and it would be laughable.

Am I wrong in stating Joker venom is a drug? Pretty sure that toxin is like a narcotic to Joker. Years of exposure would have side effects, immune or not. Again, it all ties into Joker's long history and fleshes out what a character like that would actually look like in this realm. Put Nicholson's Joker next to Henry's Superman and it would be laughable.

Joker venom is a toxin, not a narcotic. He is immune, not addicted. It's a mix of hydrogen cyanide and Strychnodide (a strychnine derivative), neither of which are narcotic. He can make it less deadly or temporary, and due to exposure over years, is immune.

original (1).jpgoriginal.jpg

Yeah, I officially love it now. Huge thanks to all the people who were closed minded and refused to imagine the possibilities. Made me think outside the past and focus on what could go right. I think we're in for a treat this time around. Just reminds me of all the people who said, "Brokeback Mountain could never pull off the Joker." Now that's the only Joker they want.

You're a brick wall. Enjoy the media hype; this is a joke on the fans. The tweet didn't say this was his depiction at all. We've been debating something completely inconsequential.Screen Shot 2015-04-26 at 8.38.13 PM.png

You're a brick wall. Enjoy the media hype; this is a joke on the fans. The tweet didn't say this was his depiction at all. We've been debating something completely inconsequential.View attachment 469758

A brick wall? For giving something a chance and not judging an entire film portrayal from one stylized photo? Yeah, brick wall. Please. Just because I'm able to find excitement in something new and different, a fresh twist on tradition, doesn't make ME the brick wall. Miles Morales isn't Peter Parker but I'd be hard pressed not to believe him as Spider-Man. New ideas is what we need today.

Comic accurate
Bane_in_'Batman_&_Robin'_(1997).png

Modern take in realistic setting
dark-knight-rises-bane-tom-hardy1.jpg

And here i thought this thread is in the section where we discuss how to replicate the costume/look NOT how good or crap it is...

1 pic and the world goes mad. Besides i may be wrong but hasnt there been word that this isnt even the look that he will have in the actual movie?

The problem is that the tattoos are now labeling the Joker when he has always been a mystery and that is scarier. Take Nolan's Joker for instance. His clothes were custom made, no fingerprints, we knew absolutely nothing about him or his motives. Some speculate that he was a soldier with PTSD but no one knew for sure. Now they may as well hang a sign around Leto's neck that says "I'm crazy". I think Leto has the acting chops to make a great Joker but is he good enough for people to see past this mess? We shall see.

Nope, wrong section...this is were the majority of us bash a film or it's design (rightfully so for this particular design, IMO)

Now if this was in the DC costume section, the bashing would or should be less intense.
And here i thought this thread is in the section where we discuss how to replicate the costume/look NOT how good or crap it is...

1 pic and the world goes mad. Besides i may be wrong but hasnt there been word that this isnt even the look that he will have in the actual movie?

Nope, wrong section...this is were the majority of us bash a film or it's design (rightfully so for this particular design, IMO)

Now if this was in the DC costume section, the bashing would or should be less intense.

You are right and my comment was submitted in the jared leto joker thread which was the in the DC costume section. No idea why it got moved tho...

I initially didn't realize it was merged. Most costume threads tend to discuss the costumes of the characters, but since this discussion was pertaining only to the look of the character, the threads were likely merged by our staff.

I think a separate Jared Leto Joker thread in the DC costume forum discussing just the current look and perhaps possible costume for the character is also acceptable. We will likely have the thread reinstated there in some time.
Done. The original thread has been restored.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back