Jared Leto Joker

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by brucebatman, Apr 24, 2015.

1. brucebatman

brucebatman Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

joker.jpg i don't know what to say looks bat **** crazy lol

sp1derman likes this.
  2. IndridColdx

IndridColdx Active Member

UGH this looks terrible

YenChih Lin and LTsmash1200 like this.
  3. Hazmat

Hazmat Well-Known Member

I hate it.

YenChih Lin likes this.
  4. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

He looks like a pale lil wayne, lose the face tattoos

5. BornKilr

BornKilr Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I was gonna say Marilyn Manson.

WhillB likes this.
  6. SirWilly77

SirWilly77 Member

7. Stronglikebear

Stronglikebear Member

God awful. The worst part is, if they'd kept from doing the tattoos (or toned them down from 2edgy4u) he'd look great.

8. Xtafa

Xtafa Active Member

I'm not a fan of the tats, I actually love tattoos but these look silly and make him look like a juggalo or a joker fangirl.

If he was without the tattoos he would look very similar to this joker, and that, I would enjoy.

11150180_851634454872516_5174990304632067728_n.jpg

9. JokerMan

JokerMan Well-Known Member

Maybe if he lost the "damaged" and laughter tattoos (and probably the silver teeth), this would've been a good look for him.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  10. Deadpool92

Deadpool92 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Joker.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously not the best with photoshop, and it was quick... but you see the point. Personally. I think it looks great without the tats. Even with the body tats, put him in the suit and he'll look perfect. The grills work because Batman's knocked that many of his teeth out, over the years. May also have accidentally eradicated one of his nipples there, oops.

11. brucebatman

That looks great without the tats its actually a real shame if they kept it simple i think Jared could of been the most accurate in looks.

- - - Updated - - -

and we could say bats chomped off his nipple lol

12. Sundowner

The damaged tattoo on his forehead is too obvious

[​IMG]

Also I think he may have some sort of sword tattoo next to his left eye

13. Deadpool92

It's a stylized 'J' I think. When zoomed in you can really see the scars on his face, mainly around his eyes.

14. Titas

Titas New Member

Am I the only one who loved this look?

15. SirWilly77

SirWilly77 Member

He just looks like some underground dance club raver hopped up on something. More pathetic than frightening.

But, hey...after Heath Ledger, I knew there was no where to go but down.

16. astroboy

astroboy Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Sooooo terrible

17. brucebatman

I actually like the look now after sometime studying it. I like the references in the tattoos I.e the dead bird on his arm is a link to Jason Todd.

Ciel, collidingcanvas and runnothide like this.
  18. SuperFLY

SuperFLY Well-Known Member

I think they're trying too hard.

agreed with the above that the tats make him out as more of a fanboy/girl than the actual joker.

there are stories where the joker gets tats in prison but honestly i don't think he'd stay still long enough to have one done

19. CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The Joker is NOT a common thug life gang lifer nor would he ever choose to look like one.
    At least not permanently. I could see him up to something of course.
    Major fail. Hope it's not real.

YenChih Lin likes this.
  20. brucebatman

oh its real alright

21. NOMAD202

NOMAD202 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I feel bad for whomever cosplays as him first. Sooo much backlash that poor fan will get lynched.

YenChih Lin likes this.
  22. astroboy

astroboy Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I can't see someone that crazy be so calculated about his appearance. Think about the Joker sitting in a tattoo shop for that long. In that sense, this us an incredibly miscalculated and contrived version of the Joker.

Obviously designed by a board room committee

23. brucebatman

Can you see him up against ben Affleck's batman?
    Personally I think he will be wearing clothes 90% of the time but either way I'm psyched because Jared is a wonderful actor and he will give it 100%.

Ciel, collidingcanvas and Deadpool92 like this.
  24. Deadpool92

Joker is the guy that wears pristine suits, so he is calculated about his appearence. The only one I have a major problem with is the 'damaged' one. But I honestly believe the tats are only for the anniversary.

Tremas and Sundowner like this.
  25. Il Princerino

Il Princerino Sr Member

This looks like ish! Especially the grill, what the hell is that about, so The Joker is supposed to be gangsta now,ppfffftt
    I was getting so pumped by this universe that Snider was creating, then I saw this and it just killed the momentum.
    It's funny, though, on the movie sites it's almost universally loved and on here it the opposite.

26. mattycsi

mattycsi Sr Member

I really don't like it.
    Joker doesn't seem to be the kind of guy that would get tattoos to me, especially not ones pertaining to himself. If he did have any, I imagine it would be something quite random, a name we've never heard before or something about his grandma, just unexpected stuff. Just don't see him getting a big Jester an Hahahaha, all over him.

The rest of it, the colouring and the teeth etc, looks too forced, like someone trying really hard to look like a "madman".

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
    YenChih Lin likes this.
  27. RingDeacon

RingDeacon New Member

I actually like the look. It reminds me of Joker in All-Star Batman & Robin. He looks completely insane. I think he is going to nail the roll.

28. da wesheb

da wesheb Active Member

joker.jpg

Joker has been depicted with tats before. Its not that far of a stretch. We're talking about a man that is beyond calculated and meticulous. The fact that so many people are calling him too crazy to sit still proves how good his gimmick is. He is whatever he needs to be to get his most recent, sick and twisted fantasy fleshed out. I imagine the tattoos are his form of Batman's theatrics. Showcasing his symbols for anyone to see, at all times.

The teeth, as mentioned before, are just from getting them knocked out almost everyday of his life by the Batman. This is a seasoned Joker, much like Affleck's Batman. I imagine he quit hijacking the dentist chair for high end veneers and just went with sturdy replacements.

Kame likes this.
  29. da wesheb

da wesheb Active Member

I think the Joker is EXACTLY the kind of character to get his own name tattooed on him. All the whoopie cushion crimes, joker gas and bang guns, etc. prove just how full of himself he is. He wants everyone to get in on his joke and dawn his grin. He is all about the Joker, except when it comes to Batman.

30. brucebatman

Couldn't agree more, personally I think we are in for a treat and when the movie comes around everyone will change their opinions.

NOMAD202 likes this.
  31. CessnaDriver

da wesheb likes this.
  32. CharlesHouse

CharlesHouse Active Member

I like everyone saying "if he didn't have the tattoos or the grill, it would be good," which is what you did... which is basically a pale guy with green hair. What else would they expect?

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt it more and more. It doesn't resemble the other image that leaked, and... well, it's a character that makes bad jokes, which this looks like to anyone with taste and knowledge of the character.

33. Stronglikebear

Stronglikebear Member

Well, the leaked image is a leaked image, and this one was posted by the director of the film.

I could see him covering the tats on his face with makeup, maybe in reference to the part in TDKR where he puts on his lipstick. Maybe he has them to play the role of a lifetime prisoner and dolls himself up after he busts out, getting ready for his closeup.

I dunno. I'm trying hard to rationalize it.

34. da wesheb

da wesheb Active Member

Joker_throughout_the_ages_by_jokerharleyrock34.jpg

How does this Joker not fit in? Let's not forget the version that wears his own severed face as a mask. We rarely see Joker shirtless and the two times that come to mind are one, he had a large tattoo covering his entire torso and two, no tats at all.

"anyone with taste and knowledge of the character" .... None of the true Joker fans I know dislike this. It represents who Joker really is. I suggest brushing up on your Joker facts before you throw jabs like that because Joker is THIS.

Joker_defeated_(Arkham_Asylum).jpg

Deadpool92, RINZLERTRON and RooBee like this.
  35. Athanasius

Athanasius Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm honestly really hoping this is just photoshopped or something to drum up publicity and shock people and just for the 75th anniversary. I don't mind the body tattoos, they look decent and if he's wearing the suit no one can tell the difference. As for the face tattoos, I think they're too try-hard and don't look good.

The teeth are ridiculous and disgusting and I've never hated anything more than that. To everyone saying that they're there to replace the teeth batman knocked out, I have two things to say: firstly, he never gets ridiculously gross tooth replacements in the comics, so it's really not something they should worry about for a film adaptation; and secondly, those grills are designed to fit over normal teeth, not to work as dentures/fake teeth. The joker would not be interested in wearing such a pathetic and useless "gangsta" status symbol. I really think/hope that Jared Leto and Zack Snyder are just messing with people, but I guess we'll see...

36. Mystery

Mystery Well-Known Member

Ok, wow, I can live with everything but that "damaged" on his forehead, what the hell? That just looks terrible.

Sundowner likes this.
  37. NOMAD202

NOMAD202 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

38. Sundowner

thats the only thing that I can't get past

39. da wesheb

da wesheb Active Member

_-007-Everything-or-Nothing-Xbox-_.jpg

I guess everyone with silver teeth is a "gangsta"

tumblr_mhsa2oODN51qa5etko3_r1_250.gif

40. RINZLERTRON

RINZLERTRON Sr Member

I can't seriously be like the only Batman fan who thinks this looks awesome.....

The dude literally looks insane. He looks like the type of guy who would be willing to cut off his own face, just as some weird twisted symbolism.

Those AREN'T grills he's wearing, by the way. Those are metal teeth and metal teeth fillings.... because he's missing his teeth, probably from having the crap beat out of him by Batman.

da wesheb likes this.
  41. CessnaDriver

The cartoon I posted isn't just funny, it nails why it's incredibly stupid.
    The Joker would cover himself with that jokery crap.. He is THE Joker afterall.
    Unless this is all a trick and that is just a Joker goon. I cold see a criminal
    infatuated with him to start covering himself with that stuff.

42. Kaotik

Kaotik Member

I think we all have to wait for the movie.
    When news got out Ledger was going to be The Joker, 90% of the people hated that idea..
    Same with Michael Keaton, Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, ...

RINZLERTRON likes this.
  43. brucebatman

The cartoon I posted isn't just funny, it nails why it's incredibly stupid.
    The Joker would cover himself with that jokery crap.. He is THE Joker afterall.
    Unless this is all a trick and that is just a Joker goon. I cold see a criminal
    infatuated with him to start covering himself with that stuff.

Dude this is real it is Jared leto and he is the joker it is not fake,goon etc.

44. RINZLERTRON

RINZLERTRON Sr Member

If there's anything I know about the Joker, he's obsessed with TWO things....
    Himself and Batman.
    If there's any villain I know of who is into himself enough to get tattoos of things that describe him, and of his own mouth, none the less, it would be the Joker and Handsome Jack.
    The difference is, Handsome Jack isn't crazy enough and cares too much about how "handsome" he is to get a tattoo of himself... but the Joker? He doesn't care. He'd do it as a joke, and is crazy enough to do it after 5 minutes of deciding.

45. CessnaDriver

Me being nearly 50 maybe it's changing beyond what I know him as to fit modern younger eyes.
    I have my street cred for having a viable idea of what The Joker should be, going back through 35 years
    of consumption and having read all the establishing materials at one point or another from silly to psycho.
    I didn't go near that face cut off thing. Too radical a change to me, just running out of ideas I guess so up it a notch into
    horror I guess.
    For me, it's just stupid if they go with this "look". Crazy kids get off my lawn.

EDIT
    I am actually less afraid of this. This looks like the type that would take several 9mm from me trying to bust into my house.
    Common street filth.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  46. CharlesHouse

That is what makes me think it is likely a farce; the leaked image, unless "leaked" on purpose as most leaks are, is more likely to be true to the actual production. The official image, firstly, as many have shown elsewhere, appears to be photoshopped, and secondly, makes a lot less sense in context of the other information we've seen.

Firstly, I don't think the image you provided suggests that this look fits in with the history of the character at all. The common factor in all of those depictions is white skin, green hair, red lips. Here's a breakdown:

All of the depictions except for Ledger and possibly the first appearance are a result of a chemical accident, meaning his hair and skin aren't colored on purpose, they are dyed and bleached.

All of the depictions except for for Ledger and Nicholson have a permanent smile from the accident or a chemical rather than something more like scars.

None of the depictions have other identifying marks, such as false teeth, tattoos, or anything that isn't a result of the ACE Chemical accident, outside of the New 52 Joker, which a lot of fans really dislike.

All of these depictions, except for The Batman image which... is a pretty strange depiction, are a textbook narcissist. All wear the clothes of an outlandish sophisticate: suit, tie, dress shoes, in some cases an overcoat and a hat. Whether the character is shown as a gangster, an outsider, a ringleader, or even somewhat of a potential homeless person (like Ledger), they dress well, despite using the colors of a clown. The character is often seen picking dirt or remains off of their clothing and trying to look put together and collected. In other words, he doesn't have to telegraph his "madness" through his appearance. His expression and actions do that.

The two depictions you are focusing on are both recent and short lived; New 52 is ending and many people took issue with the depiction of the Joker, and the tattooed Joker is literally seen in one comic, and those tattoos aren't visible when dressed.

The character isn't a low-level street thug, which is what the face tattoos and classless appearance show. You know who does look like that? Someone far less intelligent, far less capable, and with a considerably limited amount of screen time who Batman doesn't have any trouble putting down.

[​IMG]

Mr Mold Maker and Athanasius like this.
  47. CharlesHouse

His teeth aren't chromed. They're dentures that resemble real teeth.

[​IMG]

48. Sundowner

I dont think Batman would have trouble taking out this tweeker Joker.

49. the_batdemon

the_batdemon Sr Member

What I don't like is the image looks more like hero (or in this case villain) worship. I could see a member of the Jokerz gang displaying the classic iconography of the the grinning mouth and "HAHAHAHA..." but not the Joker himself.

Though it does remind me of Ninja from Die Antwoord.

50. tatygotiko

tatygotiko New Member

that's terrible this look.

YenChih Lin likes this.