Jared Leto Joker

I can't see someone that crazy be so calculated about his appearance. Think about the Joker sitting in a tattoo shop for that long. In that sense, this us an incredibly miscalculated and contrived version of the Joker.

Obviously designed by a board room committee

Joker is the guy that wears pristine suits, so he is calculated about his appearence. The only one I have a major problem with is the 'damaged' one. But I honestly believe the tats are only for the anniversary.

This looks like ish! Especially the grill, what the hell is that about, so The Joker is supposed to be gangsta now,ppfffftt
I was getting so pumped by this universe that Snider was creating, then I saw this and it just killed the momentum.
It's funny, though, on the movie sites it's almost universally loved and on here it the opposite.

I really don't like it.
Joker doesn't seem to be the kind of guy that would get tattoos to me, especially not ones pertaining to himself. If he did have any, I imagine it would be something quite random, a name we've never heard before or something about his grandma, just unexpected stuff. Just don't see him getting a big Jester an Hahahaha, all over him.

The rest of it, the colouring and the teeth etc, looks too forced, like someone trying really hard to look like a "madman".

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like the look. It reminds me of Joker in All-Star Batman & Robin. He looks completely insane. I think he is going to nail the roll.

joker.jpg

Joker has been depicted with tats before. Its not that far of a stretch. We're talking about a man that is beyond calculated and meticulous. The fact that so many people are calling him too crazy to sit still proves how good his gimmick is. He is whatever he needs to be to get his most recent, sick and twisted fantasy fleshed out. I imagine the tattoos are his form of Batman's theatrics. Showcasing his symbols for anyone to see, at all times.

The teeth, as mentioned before, are just from getting them knocked out almost everyday of his life by the Batman. This is a seasoned Joker, much like Affleck's Batman. I imagine he quit hijacking the dentist chair for high end veneers and just went with sturdy replacements.

I think the Joker is EXACTLY the kind of character to get his own name tattooed on him. All the whoopie cushion crimes, joker gas and bang guns, etc. prove just how full of himself he is. He wants everyone to get in on his joke and dawn his grin. He is all about the Joker, except when it comes to Batman.

View attachment 468986

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously not the best with photoshop, and it was quick... but you see the point. Personally. I think it looks great without the tats. Even with the body tats, put him in the suit and he'll look perfect. The grills work because Batman's knocked that many of his teeth out, over the years. May also have accidentally eradicated one of his nipples there, oops.

I like everyone saying "if he didn't have the tattoos or the grill, it would be good," which is what you did... which is basically a pale guy with green hair. What else would they expect?

- - - Updated - - -

oh its real alright

I doubt it more and more. It doesn't resemble the other image that leaked, and... well, it's a character that makes bad jokes, which this looks like to anyone with taste and knowledge of the character.

Well, the leaked image is a leaked image, and this one was posted by the director of the film.

I could see him covering the tats on his face with makeup, maybe in reference to the part in TDKR where he puts on his lipstick. Maybe he has them to play the role of a lifetime prisoner and dolls himself up after he busts out, getting ready for his closeup.

I dunno. I'm trying hard to rationalize it.

Joker_throughout_the_ages_by_jokerharleyrock34.jpg

How does this Joker not fit in? Let's not forget the version that wears his own severed face as a mask. We rarely see Joker shirtless and the two times that come to mind are one, he had a large tattoo covering his entire torso and two, no tats at all.

"anyone with taste and knowledge of the character" .... None of the true Joker fans I know dislike this. It represents who Joker really is. I suggest brushing up on your Joker facts before you throw jabs like that because Joker is THIS.

Joker_defeated_(Arkham_Asylum).jpg

I'm honestly really hoping this is just photoshopped or something to drum up publicity and shock people and just for the 75th anniversary. I don't mind the body tattoos, they look decent and if he's wearing the suit no one can tell the difference. As for the face tattoos, I think they're too try-hard and don't look good.

The teeth are ridiculous and disgusting and I've never hated anything more than that. To everyone saying that they're there to replace the teeth batman knocked out, I have two things to say: firstly, he never gets ridiculously gross tooth replacements in the comics, so it's really not something they should worry about for a film adaptation; and secondly, those grills are designed to fit over normal teeth, not to work as dentures/fake teeth. The joker would not be interested in wearing such a pathetic and useless "gangsta" status symbol. I really think/hope that Jared Leto and Zack Snyder are just messing with people, but I guess we'll see...

I can't seriously be like the only Batman fan who thinks this looks awesome.....

The dude literally looks insane. He looks like the type of guy who would be willing to cut off his own face, just as some weird twisted symbolism.

Those AREN'T grills he's wearing, by the way. Those are metal teeth and metal teeth fillings.... because he's missing his teeth, probably from having the crap beat out of him by Batman.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back