Vintage Craftsman Pressure Paint Pot Conversion & Restoration

MEOWorksCreative

I was in the market for a quality pressure pot that was deep enough to cast longer parts, but the recent offerings are just not cost effective or built with enough quality. I already have the Harbor Freight Pressure pot but I can't stand the way the lid and clamps were designed, plus it just wasn't deep enough. Luckily I found this beauty on Craigslist and picked it up for $40. The depth is just under 14" and also had the original seal in great condition. It was RUSTY as heck so I spent a good 2-3 days wire brushing, rust removing, steel wool cleaning to finally get it down to bare, clean metal! Here's the finished result after the paint job, still need to get a regulator to auto adjust to 60 PSI in case of a leak. For under $60, I now have a heavy duty, versatile casting pot. Can't wait to cast my first part in it.

Materials:
-4 year old Rustoleum paints lol
-2x 1/4" FIP brass plugs
-1x 1/4" MIP brass coupling
-gauge etc was from HF

Anyone know what decade this pot is from? I'm just guessing on the vintage part lol.

8993EC7C-B976-4824-90D5-74A3B370C740_zpsjbhmeqyr.jpg

D200DE94-EE9E-414C-BEFC-C71AD63E634E_zpscgkle0ck.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back