New McFly jean jacket replica!

Soo she's making a revised copy of the jacket in a new fabric? So would you be paying twice the price for one (hopefully) correct jacket?

Soo she's making a revised copy of the jacket in a new fabric? So would you be paying twice the price for one (hopefully) correct jacket?

No she needed new blue fabric for the shoulder pieces because the pieces I supplied her were too thin apparently. I got them from a real Guess jacket and it didn't feel thin to me, but she's been a tailor for 20 something years.

- - - Updated - - -

I would take everything back and find a better tailor, she obviously has never done anything like this before...

Removing fabric and replacing it with a different kind shouldn't be too hard. If it comes out badly I will take it somewhere else.

No she needed new blue fabric for the shoulder pieces because the pieces I supplied her were too thin apparently. I got them from a real Guess jacket and it didn't feel thin to me, but she's been a tailor for 20 something years.

- - - Updated - - -

Removing fabric and replacing it with a different kind shouldn't be too hard. If it comes out badly I will take it somewhere else.

Any updates on your jacket?!

Any updates on your jacket?!

Sadly no. I called her last week and she said she would call me when it's done. I will call her at the end of the week and get an exact status update on it. Her initial estimate on it was two weeks. That was almost 3 months ago.

Sadly no. I called her last week and she said she would call me when it's done. I will call her at the end of the week and get an exact status update on it. Her initial estimate on it was two weeks. That was almost 3 months ago.

I see. Just thought I'd check in, to see how things were going with it. Hopefully you get it back soon! It has been a while with her.

So what ended up happening with your jacket?

It'd probably be better for a scratch build with custom measurements. Instead of a few hundred for a jacket then another few for mods, especially if there are no updates this far out. Hard part is finding accurate denim fabric

It'd probably be better for a scratch build with custom measurements. Instead of a few hundred for a jacket then another few for mods, especially if there are no updates this far out. Hard part is finding accurate denim fabric
I've tried sourcing materials for a scratch made jacket. Almost impossible unless you have access to a lot of stonewashed denim you can see in person.

Hello there,

I just made a account to inform you guys that Max Cady's offers now a new and great BTTF denim jacket. I ordered it with the checkered shirt replica (Large, both are International Size compared to the Down Vest they offer on their site) and got it today.

The jacket is quite heavy but was worth the price. If requested, I can post some pictures as well.

Hello there,

I just made a account to inform you guys that Max Cady's offers now a new and great BTTF denim jacket. I ordered it with the checkered shirt replica (Large, both are International Size compared to the Down Vest they offer on their site) and got it today.

The jacket is quite heavy but was worth the price. If requested, I can post some pictures as well.

Miles, YES, pics please - thank you!

Miles, YES, pics please - thank you!

mcfly1.jpg

mcfly2.jpg

It's kind of a shame that they didn't take the opportunity to modify the grey fabric. The real jacket is stonewashed blue.

Thanks for the pictures. Do you have any of the front and back of the jacket please?! :)

I'll post some pictures later on.

It's kind of a shame that they didn't take the opportunity to modify the grey fabric. The real jacket is stonewashed blue.

I can agree somewhat. But on the other hand it's quite depending on the lightning, like in the movies. In general the denim jacket needed to be a bit more lighter, otherwise it's a fine piece for $200. This is Max Cady's second version of the jacket (you can see the first one on the Down Vest-pics) and as far I'm concerned about the colourization at the newer model I really don't mind it to be honest. Compared to the Headgoonie jacket which costs the double of this one it's actually a nice jacket to have. Everyone can bleach the colours a bit out if you would like to have it more screen accurate. And even then it's highly debatable because in different promo pics it rather looks more like a second jacket in dark greyish or even light greyish.

I guess I'm fine with the purchase.

Edit: And for comparisons sake: Here is a picture from their older denim jacket.

Last edited:
Hello there,

Did you get the vest too? I'd love to see pics of the vest, from what I saw on the website, the color looks too red...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back