New McFly jean jacket replica!

This thread is interesting. https://www.filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2624 Some using Lemon juice and sitting it in the sun for a while. I know for a fact that it works on hair, so could work on cloth also. You have to be in the sun for it to work. The acid in the lemon reacts with the sun and brightens it. Also, wouldn't washing the whole jacket fade the darker blue, lighter each wash, could be worth a shot. Just keep washing until the blue got to the desired colour. Don't know if this would effect the grey areas also though?!
Well the problem with washing it a lot is that it could ruin the paisley and movie star liner.

My fiance should be able to pick up my jacket from the tailor and send me pictures by the end of the week if their two week estimate is right.

My fiance should be able to pick up my jacket from the tailor and send me pictures by the end of the week if their two week estimate is right.
Cool. Looking forward to some pictures of the changes. Hopefully everything done as you wanted! :cool

Hopefully they've done it! I want to see pics! :D

You have no idea how much I want to see it. I will have it sent to where I am stationed so I can do the rest of the mods. Like removing the bottom section of the waist and trying to fade the dark blue areas.

So I haven't heard back. I thought they would just wait until Monday to have it picked up, but that isn't the case. I will call them tonight.

I'm a little pissed about the news I got today. I got a voicemail that the jacket is not done and that fabric I provided was too thin and that she had to redo everything in a different fabric. And I'm not sure if it's the same color because I don't have any pictures.

Last edited:
I a little pissed about the news I got today. I got a voicemail that the jacket is not done and that fabric I provided was too thin and that she had to redo everything in a different fabric. And I'm not sure if it's the same color because I don't have any pictures.

Did you tell her that she's playing with something that cost over $400 lol :x

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back