Show your custom Lightsabers!

Seth, a tripod like that would be an EXCELLENT version of an Obi Wan IV grenade neck. does it stay put or still pivot around?

If you look at the first pic on the link-- the top is the mount obviously, the silver bar goes down into a ball-socket, which it can pivot in any direction on. The big knob tightens to lock it into place. It could spin in place too if loosened ever so slightly.

On mine, I basically tightened the knob down, then pulled it off leaving just the nub it attaches to.

Lightsaber 3.0. Finally venturing into greeblies, drilling metal, and trying to get away from plumbing parts looking like plumbing parts. I'm very pleased with this one, and I think it has a nice OT feel. I wish I was better at cleaning off glue residue however.

13495237_10153688636997944_8529400455413684473_n by mccoyed, on Flickr

13495186_10153688636917944_5040073179154808043_n by mccoyed, on Flickr

13439198_10153688636957944_6499056087168487222_n by mccoyed, on Flickr

13439000_10153688636877944_969869657883313990_n by mccoyed, on Flickr

I like the most of the saber but the pommel sinks it for me. I think it's too wide. Having it wider than the emitter makes it look like, to me, that the hilt is being held the wrong way round and igniting it would cause a self-inflected appendectomy.

I like the look of the pommel though, black-silver-black, but if there were a way to keep it in line with shape of the saber body or thereabouts, I think would really bring it up a notch.

Thanks fellas. Yeah the pommel's thickness seems a bit out of line compared to other lightsaber designs. Had to be this way, though, because the gaskets that make up the pommel are hiding the flared end of the drain pipe. Obviously you'd usually flip it around, but the piece leading to the Sharkbite coupler that is the "neck" of the saber had to be used this way due to a weird bit of hardware inside the top pipe. In the end, I like it even with the wide pommel. Part of what attracts me about lightsaber making is the extreme variety possible since they're all supposed to be unique. Aesthetically, I haven't really developed a preferred style. I just wanna make ones that look really different every time.

Any tips on getting rid of some the of the excess dried glue? I find that it's the thing about this one that I'm least happy with.

I started reading this thread and it inspired me to run to Lowe's and grab some pipe! I don't get a lot of free time due to my 2 year old wanting a constant playmate lol but I keep promising her I will make her one when I'm done with this so we can play together. Right now it's a WIP but I'm coming up empty at the moment on ideas for the grip. I think my next one for me will be of metal and I may give the daughter this one. I definitely need more tools though.
IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2396.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

Oh and I just tore down an old digital camera for buttons and the old cover for the flash may be filling in for a bubble strip!

Holy crap, dude! That's fantastic for a PVC build. How did you fashion the bunny ears clamp?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Thanks! There's a template floating about just search for graflex template and it should be on the first page of the images. Although it was crazy hard getting the vertical cuts in the pipe with a hobby knife lol.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back