DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208

I suppose if I get the one with the .250" nut, I could just epoxy the heck out of it. Just curious what Boba Debt has been using for his.

I buy them in bulk from a guy that used to be on eBay and part of my un-accurized Mauser cost ($90) includes $5 to cover the cost and labor to install these.

If you want a set they are $5 plus $1 for shipping

when removing the top piece of the denix from the bottom. how can i say this more accurate. when removing the barrel section from the bottom handle section so the denix is in 2 pieces. which way do you push the pins out? i know some times pins are larger on 1 side so pushing them out the wrong way will make the hole larger and when you go to re install the pins they won't hold

i'm not able to work on anything right now because i injured my hand but i was looking as DL-44 threads all day and now fondling my denix and wondering how to separate it in order to start sanding and cleaning it up for aluminum black

anyone have any advice on how to take it apart?

Its the upper and lower receiver. And the upper is held in by two pins plus a screw, so you need to tap them both out and remove the screw. It doesn't matter which direction you tap the pins out.
What he said! :)

Also, for future reference, I asked on Amazon what diameter these escutcheons are, and got a quick reply that they're .259"! So, these may work for the Denix grips. Of course, you can just buy Boba Debt's and save a few bucks...

https://www.amazon.com/Colt-Pocket-Hammerless-Escutcheon-Screw/dp/B00JZVK4JC/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

It is two pegs, not one long one and they can go either way.

I've done it a few ways. If you can grip it with pliers and pull out. Or you can get a mini screwdriver or something else that will fit in the hole and hammer it toward the inside. You can do the same one the other side or just stick the small screwdriver through and hammer the other one outward.

When reassembling, snip the pegs just a little short--that way, you can tap them in so they're recessed in the holes, and you can fill them. Aside from the side logo, there's no bigger giveaway of a Denix than those darn pins.

when removing the top piece of the denix from the bottom. how can i say this more accurate. when removing the barrel section from the bottom handle section so the denix is in 2 pieces. which way do you push the pins out? i know some times pins are larger on 1 side so pushing them out the wrong way will make the hole larger and when you go to re install the pins they won't hold

i'm not able to work on anything right now because i injured my hand but i was looking as DL-44 threads all day and now fondling my denix and wondering how to separate it in order to start sanding and cleaning it up for aluminum black

anyone have any advice on how to take it apart?

i was hoping so but i dont think so, after watching that i went under his username to see all his videos and he didnt have a assembly. im just going to remove the parts very slowly. im alittle concerned about the springs... hopefully i can get it.

i can field strip, clean and oil my dads 1911 so hopefully its easier then that! lol

It's a piece of cake ;).

raw.gif

This video didn't cover the removal and the reinstallation of the trigger. That's my biggest issue, the trigger spring orientation

I have a question about the Distributor Retainers that go on the left side of the Bespin Blaster in the Denix Logo Pocket.

Does anyone know the correct placement of the these parts or have any pictures showing them or it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back