DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208

Sooo, theory 128,228,238....bear with me.

With the bigger knob/cylinder on the scope mount I started going back and looking at something that had caught my eye previously. In looking at different sellers that make Han and Luke holsters, a few different references, some movie stills(but it's really hard to see it), it seems there is a trend that the Luke Holster HAS a bigger, more squared cut out on it vs the lazy "S" curve that Han's has. This would fit the larger spacer behind the mount as well as the cylinder sitting on top.

Maybe the Hoth blaster was made first along with Luke's holster. Perhaps it was intended to just be Luke's blaster, or the only one that was built for/brought to Norway. Since it was the only one brought, it gets used by Ford as well but since his holster hasn't really been modified much since ANH, and with the cold, it just doesn't stay on after a few scenes are shot/reshot. Heck, the part may very well still be out there somewhere lol.

The distributor rings we see were on the muppet blaster, which came first most likely, having ANH characteristics.

Then the Hoth, where they tried to replicate the distributor rings with cut up motor coil parts

then the heros, they just said " **** it!"

made some screenshots today I'd like to share with you guys. Although the pics aren't quite sharp due to Han's fast movements, you can still see the bronze spacer and the distance between the scope mount and the blaster.

ESB DL44 Hoth Spacer Sceen.png

In regards to the Hoth Blaster...

What are the finishes. Does the mauser and scope have their original finish and the added parts like the bracket and greebies painted black, or is the entire thing paint the same sheen of black?

In regards to the Hoth Blaster...

What are the finishes. Does the mauser and scope have their original finish and the added parts like the bracket and greebies painted black, or is the entire thing paint the same sheen of black?

Good question. I assumed, since it was a model gun, they applied the parts and sprayed everything one color.

in Scottjuas black and white photos it appears the Bespin guns are blued, I got mine really dark and painted the greeblie black. It doesn't look half bad

In regards to the disk...

I think it could possibly be from this piece of WW2 era B24/B26 bomber.

Check out this k-3 computing unit. It has disks like this all over it. Not sure about any scaling on here, but it could be a match :thumbs

f2c19ef111ac2a48b24c03b7cfec56bc.jpg

When we thought it was the Thorens disc, it was inwards.

Now, it appears its one solid flat disc, maybe black paint on the outer rim, and glue from the black cylinder in the center.

Hey guys. I'm building a Luke Bespin and am in need of some parts. I have just finished reading through all 30 pages of this thread and know I need the scope mount + knurled nob, and the small greeblie for the left side over the trigger. I got a left over flash hider from Boba Debt and ordered a scope kit from DEC's upcoming run. Can anyone point me in the direction of the most accurate scope mount and knurled knob? Also, what is everyone using for a spacer behind the bracket? 30 pages and not a single mention of the spacer used for the Luke. Any hints as to the best place for the greeblies would be appreciated too!

Here's what I have so far - I was unsatisfied with the finish on the Denix so I stripped it down, ground down and sanded smooth every piece (leaving the perfect amount of subtle imperfections). Removed the logo on the left side, added some milling marks and finished the whole thing off with Aluminum Black. Oiled it and weathered it for an true worn, yet authentic firearm finish. I'm going to weather the grips, etch the ejector port detail into the slide and a few other small improvements as well as install full light and sound.

Crappy pic, but this is the Denix straight out of the box. You all know how rough they are.
0914161733.jpg

Here it is after removing the original paint. I haven't sanded anything yet at this point.
1026161427.jpg

And here it is fully finished and weathered. I added some small "chips" to the muzzle and weathered it with Aluminum black. So far I'm happy with it! The picture doesn't do it justice (my phone camera SUCKS), the finish in person is amazing.
1029161428.jpg

Hey guys. I'm building a Luke Bespin and am in need of some parts. I have just finished reading through all 30 pages of this thread and know I need the scope mount + knurled nob, and the small greeblie for the left side over the trigger. I got a left over flash hider from Boba Debt and ordered a scope kit from DEC's upcoming run. Can anyone point me in the direction of the most accurate scope mount and knurled knob? Also, what is everyone using for a spacer behind the bracket? 30 pages and not a single mention of the spacer used for the Luke. Any hints as to the best place for the greeblies would be appreciated too!

The purpose of this thread was to support the active project builds for this thread: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=230130

We discussed thoughts, details, concerns, etc.. which hopefully led to accurate parts. So I think most of us feel that the best parts are produced in that run. You may want to contact BobaDebt and see what he has left as I know he did have a few extra parts to offer.

As far as the spacer for the Luke Bespin. I do not know the prevailing thought on it. I have built a few in the past and I have found that nylon spacers from the hardware store work well with the addition of some black paint.

Here is a picture of some 1" diameter spacers I got last week for a different project.

In the picture I also bought smaller spacers to put inside the bigger spacer so the screw going through fits tighter for that project. You could do the same if you felt the need but not necessary as I would suggest you use add glue on both sides of the spacer to keep the mount from pivoting. No matter how tight you twist the bolt, it will move around.

Attachments

• IMG_3131.JPG
    IMG_3131.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 100
Got a question about two details and how they relate on the Han Hoth and the Luke Bespin.

Below are of course photos of the Han Hoth, The screw to the grip is on the left side (aka the greeble side) and the slide of the rear site has the ridged knob on the right side (aka scope side) with the flat/skinny half downward. Correct?

Next..

Is the grip screw and the direction of the slide the same on the Luke Bespin?

28434118786_ffa59fd590_b.jpg

HothBlasterClose_Ref__zps0dd9cfad.png

cdea_3_1_.png

Last edited:
I need the grip screw and escutcheon for another build I'm doing. What's our source for these? To fit the stock Denix wood grips...

I suppose if I get the one with the .250" nut, I could just epoxy the heck out of it. Just curious what Boba Debt has been using for his.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back