Interstellar Suit - Share your ideas/research

I printed the backpack full size and checked it on my back and noted than I needed to change some dimensions, here's the revised version:
View attachment Back Pack-V3.PDF
Back Pack-V3.jpg

THANK YOU! Perfect references for what I need. Those gray things around the ankles are so odd, but I feel like I've seen them before... I know one is the emergency oxygen filter. I also see some gray padding elements on the backpacks, nice touch.

By the way, throwing some quilted fabric inside the suits would feel luxurious.
https://www.onlinefabricstore.net/silver-quilted-therma-flec-heat-resistant-fabric-.htm

Last edited:
Yes, these files were created in an engineering program for production, I can export from this program in an STL file format used by most 3d printers. the large chest control is made up of 4 parts. I can send them directly to your personal email, just pm me.

OK. I am back on track and feeling good. The white suits make all the difference. The "muslin" color really bothered me.
I bought a white shower curtail with a checker board pattern.

white vs off white.jpg

If you look at the suit in the movie it is two tones of white, bright white and off white( which looks like the second one in the picture). Some type of combination of both would be more accurate.
Full body.jpg

More like sketches before I draft patterns to 1-1 scale. Measurements were made in reference to the 3.5 inch Endurance patch. I tried to make note of all the important seams on the pants, still need measurements though.
page 1 int.jpgpage 2 int.jpg

I have not found any screen shot of this on the web but in the film there is a scene with Cooper and Brand wearing the bottom half of the spacesuit, they are using suspenders to hold their pants up, I think that the top half is separate from the bottom like a jacket, although I searched the images and I can't figure how these things go on. There may be a hidden zipper up the side of the jacket.
Without chest backpack.jpg
I am 99% sure that the collar ring is 11" dia, the glove ring should be 3" dia, which pretty standard Nasa dimensions.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back