Bryar pistol prop from JK - has it ever surfaced?

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone know the location of the real Bryar pistol prop from Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight? I've never heard anything about the real props used in the game. I was looking for references to build one, but there are no pictures of the actual prop that I can find.

I had this picture in my library, but I'm not sure what it is, really.

Bryar_3-vi.jpg

That's a painting on the back of the book Dark Forces - Soldier for the Empire.
Took me a few minutes to dig out my copy.

Sadly I've never seen any of the props surface.

Last edited:
I had this picture in my library, but I'm not sure what it is, really.

View attachment 403359

Ah... It is missing from the back of the paperback edition (that I have). It has only white text on a black background.

I used to have these books (recently sold them) and this artist version was my favorite version of the blaster even though it does not accurately depict the actual prop. I love the shape of the grip as it reminds me of a mare's leg or a sawed off shotgun with stock cut down. Makes it look real powerful.

That's just odd that they haven't been located. I think I'm going to go for that book version, but I may do a blend of all three (DF, DF2, and the book). The grip looks like a crazy angle, but my nephew has a Nerf gun about like that and it feels really good. So I may go measure that to get a good angle.

I think whatever video production company LucasArts hired to do the live action would've made them. Doubtful they were ever in LFL hands.

I managed to contact the guy who made the props for the live action cutscenes, he doesn't remember a lot of details about the prop but it was completely scratch built and did look like the image Mara Jade's Father posted and it was left with LucasArts

Last edited by a moderator:
We just completed our 3D printed version of this weapon in our stainless steel, wood, and copper composite materials. I feel like it's very close to the image on the back cover of the graphic novel. It would be nice to see a real prop though! Design credit: Tom Leech

IMG_3869.JPGIMG_3707.JPGIMG_3825.JPG

Last edited:
I worked on DF2 doing the make up for the live action cut scenes. At one point during the test shoots we took loads of photos and may have a shot or two of this gun... let me do some digging in my old photo library to see if I still have them. long before digital 

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

That would be incredible! If you have any photos of the various lightsaber props, please post them as well! There's a dearth of info on anything from that production.

I worked on DF2 doing the make up for the live action cut scenes. At one point during the test shoots we took loads of photos and may have a shot or two of this gun... let me do some digging in my old photo library to see if I still have them. long before digital 

That would be awesome! I have this blaster on my list to do next.

Instant sub sub to this thread from me. I would be very interested in those photos!

Just came across this: I don't want this to be true... but this is by far the most accurate real object I've found in my search for the basis for the Bryar haha :D

338487181f83b9ee9c5fab04f88b7ee8.jpgdgs.pnghairdryer-gun-640x533.jpgVintage-Western-Novelty-Hair-Dryer-Haartrockner-Magnum-Pistol.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back