Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon Modification

Silly question, but are you using the gule directly on the treated plastic, or on primered areas?
I've used the glue on both surfaces & it holds great.....maybe too great
Love the Jaw.. how did you trim under there?
Hi John, how did you open up the overhang where the hull meets the mandibles?
Yeah, that's my question too..

I just cut through the hull from the inside following the curve of the hull
IMG_1400.jpg

I've replaced some of the pipework;
IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Loving the mods :)
I'm just about to start cutting where the hull meets the mandibles too that is why my ply support goes through to the end, is it all still stable after you have cut.
Also will you do the bottom ones as well?

Loving the mods :)
I'm just about to start cutting where the hull meets the mandibles too that is why my ply support goes through to the end, is it all still stable after you have cut.
Also will you do the bottom ones as well?

At the minute I'm still undecided whether to remove the ANH F1 boxes & scratch the 32' boxes on the mandibles,....If I do, some 3mil foamex (the same stuff I made the wall of the portside pit out of) for interior strength.....but the structure is very well designed and stable (it needs to be if its supposed to be for a kid to knock it about)......I think adding support isnt needed at all......I may be wrong.....but I think "she'll hold together"

I'm going to fill in the opening of the overhang so that you don't see the innards, but keeping the illusion of the overhang....adding this foamex willbring back strength to this cut area

I'm gonna do the underside as well......on the inside of the underside I'm going to have to create some floor structure,....1: for the landing gear to slot into & 2: for a support if it is on a stand

Thanks for the input guys

John

On the back of this thread I went to Argos yesterday and got one for £19. Let the good times roll. So if you ever decide to sell those tie fighter wing molds please let me know:D

On the back of this thread I went to Argos yesterday and got one for £19. Let the good times roll. So if you ever decide to sell those tie fighter wing molds please let me know:D

Great, looking forward to seeing your work CelticWarrior,

I'm making new moulds for those vents because the fitting of the last ones were a pain in the a**e,.....so I'm making 2 different options, one with 6 ribs (like the 5 foot & Episode 7 Falcon) or 8 ribs (like the 32" Falcon)

I'll post some images once I'm happy with them

J

Thanks very much for the encouragement guys,....as I said on the BMF thread, I'm gonna hold the halves of the ship together with magnets,....the Docking cones will then secure the seel

I'm going to plough on with the resin grills,.....theyd be easily popped out if I go with the PE grills that JohnnyCrash is producing

I'm remaking some of the pits:

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/jaiteastu/Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon/IMG_1397.jpg

Still a bit more to do on this one:

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/jaiteastu/Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon/IMG_1396.jpg

Thisis it just set in:

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/jaiteastu/Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon/IMG_1395.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

J, what is the part in green plastic? Thanks for posting your progress, really helping me with my own ;)

Michael

J, what is the part in green plastic? Thanks for posting your progress, really helping me with my own ;)

Michael

I was going to ask the same but I ended up researching and IDing it just to see if I could, if I'm right it's an Airfix Panther Tank 1/76 hull.......
Unless you are talking about the 1/76th Airfix Sherman hulls

Hi Michael

That part is from an Airfix 1/72 King Tiger......another wee cheap kit...£5.

a55303-website.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

It goes as the main part for here:

bay.jpg

John

EDIT: Yep HH, A Panther will work as well,....I just knew that the particular King Tiger's hatches could open,....maybe the Panther kits do also

Last edited:
In regard to the vents I happen to have a couple of old ertl tie wings, do you think if I used a belt sander I could make them so thin that they would fit on, rather than cut out the whole circle?

In regard to the vents I happen to have a couple of old ertl tie wings, do you think if I used a belt sander I could make them so thin that they would fit on, rather than cut out the whole circle?

...You could try that spacebob,...the 32" vents are a wee bit lower recessed than the 5 foot, so thats why I cut mine out.
I was hoping to keep that ring with the details on it & place the vent under it but the plastic is too thick making that ring look too thick,....so I cut it out as well.

I ended up making the ring out of very thin plasticard,.....but as I said to CelticWarrier, I'm trying to mould the vent & the ring as one piece, that should be easier to replace the lot & keep them all looking the same

J

Ahh thanks J I might try it and see the worst that could happen I suppose is it would melt on the sander :)
One other thing I'm only on crappy slow 3G tonight and can't look at lots of pics, can you tell me are all the cutout parts from the 5' model like the one you replaced?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back