Trigun - Vash duster

Geuse

Hello everybody. So I've been thinking long and hard about what costume to create and finally decided for this.
I'm really at loss on all aspects from pattern to garment so this should be interesting! I'm going to base it off of the cartoon series since I don't have access to the manga. Will be added to my list of comics to buy.

Below is my way of figuring out how each piece fit together and I could really use some help here. I'm mostly unsure on how to create the high collar and how it buttons down. If it's attached at the bottom front at all. It would look pretty silly if there was a space created there that would show. Hope you can understand my thoughts :)
Would the coat cape be detachable? Most of them are afaik.
Oh and that's right. I'm wondering whether the back of the "skirt" is in half as well. Evidently I've left out the straps and belts that is attached between the pieces to make it easier to read.

vash_duster_assembly.jpg

also the "skirt" doesn't seem to be that wide but instead consisting of flaps Unlike a normal skirt and/or cape that is radial cut.

This
Fig-79.jpg

VS

This

34-Circle-Skirt-Pattern-One-Little-Minute-Blog.png

Thanks for looking. Next up will be learning Marvelous designer and start pattern making!

Your first version of the skirt, with four pieces instead of one, is the one I'd go with. I think it might be more accurate (although I wouldn't be surprised if both are accurate to different versions), and it's how the Vash duster I got from Abbyshot Clothiers is made.

The high collar should have four snaps/buttons, and there shouldn't be any space between the collar and the front panel, which shouldn't be that hard to avoid.

The cape on mine isn't detachable. I suppose you could make yours that way if you wanted, but unless you're planning to wear the coat without the cape some time, I wouldn't bother, since you'd have to have a way to attach it.

Thanks a lot for the comments!
Would you by any chance have an opportunity to post a picture of what your duster looks like up at the collar, open and with the long middle piece removed if possibly?

Is the cape attached to the coat going around the neck and down at each sides of the opening as in this image. Imagine the blue line being where it's stitched together.
vash_duster_cape_attachment.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back